• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI irked with MSD over playing XI selection

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
The Board of Control for Cricket in India and the team selectors have had a word with skipper MS Dhoni after the team collapsed against South Africa in their league match at Nagpur on Saturday, according to some media reports.

According to the media reports, the selectors and skipper MS Dhoni were not sharing the same thought process right from the time the World Cup squad was selected and South Africa's loss has not gone down well with the BCCI and Indian selectors, who are also unhappy about the skipper’s stubbornness in selecting the playing XI.

It has been learnt that with just couple of day remaining before India's penultimate Group A match against West Indies, chairman of selectors Krishnamachari Srikkanth met Dhoni at the team hotel. Reports added that a few harsh words were spoken and the team management was asked to have a closer look at the playing XI.

Dhoni has still not given spinner Ravichandran Ashwin a chance in the playing eleven despite Piyush Chawla's and Ashish Nehra's poor show in the World Cup so far. The selection committee now thinks that the time has come for Ashwin to be given a chance.

Sources revealed that a couple of days back, two selectors spoke to Dhoni and the Indian skipper was clearly told that 'Chawla has got enough chances' and that Ashwin should be picked.

It is also being said some of the senior members of the Indian team are not pleased with Dhoni's rigidness during the World Cup.
BCCI irked with MSD over playing XI selection - World Cup 2011 - Cricket Next

You know what? I think Dhoni doesn't give a damn about the world cup. He is saving Ashwin for the bull**** IPL games. It's time for him to be fired as the captain of this team.

Himannv

International Coach
Think there is more of a case for replacing Nehra than replacing Chawla. Chawla does give them a different option compared to the other spinners. I mean pretty much all the other bowlers are right arm off spinners.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Lettuce be reality OP: If Ashish Mehra had bowled ind to victory in the last over (like he did when SL were chasing 413 to win), everyone who is anybody would be all over Dhoni's jockstrap.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't agree with saving for IPL theory but yes Dhoni is being a little stubborn. Much as I like him and his instinctive decisions, I can't find a justification for not giving Ashwin a chance.
I just met many fans who were critical of Dhoni accusing him of favoring his CSK IPL players like Ashwin and Raina. Apparently they wanted Robin Uthappa in the indian team.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Believe me, Dhoni doesn't give a **** about the world cup. I am hoping he is fired after the world cup is over.