• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 40 - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't think I can ever recall Australia having an opener who has divided my opinion as much as Haddin. Some days I love his approach when he is spanking deliveries over mid-on. Then you get today with ball after ball defended off the front foot with no attitude of looking for a run.

Woodster

International Captain
Again looks another circumspect start from Australia, few shots being played in the last couple of overs. Really not sure about Haddin's role, very little pro-activity against the slow bowlers, not able to work it around, both he and Watson play more shots in Test cricket.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Again looks another circumspect start from Australia, few shots being played in the last couple of overs. Really not sure about Haddin's role, very little pro-activity against the slow bowlers, not able to work it around, both he and Watson play more shots in Test cricket.
Not sure about that, Watson's always struck me as an all or nothing batsman.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah lots of checked drives, hopefully one of these guys goes on because on this deck, getting started would be bloody tough. Bit two-paced.

Spark

Global Moderator
FFS Hads stop hitting it straight to the bowler

Far out. Full toss bunted back to Afridi!

Last edited:

Noble One

It's hard to get a good read on how this pitch is playing. It looks very two paced and bounce is slightly odd. But we have a badly out of form Ponting at the crease and one of Australia's worst players of spin bowling in Haddin batting.

That's out. Ponting is truly on his last legs it seems. I would back Tim Paine over Ponting right now he is that out of touch.

Bun

Banned
That's an absolutely dire decision by Marais. That deviated by atleast 30-40% from the bat. FFS Akmal caught one!

Ridiculous pushing and pulling.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Dont know!!shud i lol at K akmal for holding that catch or ponting who was looking to get a big score gone for a nothing shot!!!!

Bun

Banned
Ponting should've walked imho. That is almost equivalent of edging one to the slips and standing ground. Pathetic cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously, what was that about? Haddin almost punched a Pakistan player in the face. And a huge dressing down of the Pakistan team by Tony Hill, I think.

Noble One

That's an absolutely dire decision by Marais. That deviated by atleast 30-40% from the bat. FFS Akmal caught one!

Ridiculous pushing and pulling.
Always the toughest caught behind decisions to make. So much happens with the caught from the cut shot. You get the merging of sound/view of ball hitting bat and hitting glove in a split instance, along with no real view of the deviation from the bat.

Woodster

International Captain
Not sure about that, Watson's always struck me as an all or nothing batsman.
But they've got away to few flyers this tournament, as you'd expect with those two opening. Clearly a strategy to build a steady platform, average only around 47 off the first 10, pretty un-Australia like. Probably more to do with Haddin than Watson, who is promoted to opener with the purpose presumably of getting them away to a healthy start. If not by crashing boundaries, then by strike rotation.