• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 39 - Bangladesh v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bangladesh v South Africa
Sat Mar 19

Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
03:30 GMT | 09:30 local | 14:30 EST | 14:00 CST | 11:30 WST

Bangladesh Squad

Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (wicketkeeper), Naeem Islam, Nazmul Hossain, Raqibul Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Suhrawadi Shuvo

South Africa Squad

Graeme Smith (captain), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, AB de Villiers (wicketkeeper), Jean-Paul Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, Colin Ingram, Jacques Kallis, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Morne van Wyk (wicketkeeper)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C'mon Bangladesh! Repeat of the 2007 blueprint please.. bat first, put up 250+ and strangle SA with spin.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No Mohammad Rafique this time though Ashraful's brilliant innings that game was probably the last time he came good.

South Africa for the win.

cnerd123

likes this
That's the thing tho...how are Tamim, Kayes, Nafees, Shakib, Raqibul, Rahim and Mahmadullah supposed to put up 250 against Steyn, Morkel, Tahir, Peterson, Kallis and Botha/Tsotsobe?

vcs

We can dream, hey?

Realistically, Kallis to ton up and SA to chase down 220 odd in 45 overs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently both Steyn and Morne will be rested but its still a pretty good attack considering the opposition. Wouldn't risk Tahir either.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
BD are a better side than back in 07, though Ashraful sucks now. They can't win by chasing for sure, their only hope is to get to 250 odd and try and defend that total.

Is AB gonna play?

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
Slow pitch with some good spin & u never know. Tamim is due for a big score as well.
No bigger match to do it.

We did it last WC, we can do it again. Btw i think SA was ranked No.1 at that time

vcs

Just hope SA don't take a dive like they did versus Zimbabwe in 99. Put us out then too.
Vaguely remember India-England being an effective knockout game for Super 6 qualification. Was quite a herculean effort by India to get there after the start we had to that tournament.

Quaggas

State Captain
Just hope SA don't take a dive like they did versus Zimbabwe in 99. Put us out then too.
IMO, SA should try to avoid SL in the QFs. Since both SL&SA can finish no lower than 2nd, I don't think SA will want to jeopardize "momentum." That said, I haven't thought about the semis (and Pak-Aus comes after Ban-SA).

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Hoping against hope that Bangladesh win this game. Would really be sad for them if they are knocked out.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
If Steyn and Morkel aren't playing, i would not put it beyond Bangladesh to upset SA. SA'can middle/lower order isn't just great. If Ban bat first and put up a decent score. There would be pressure on SA specially if some early wickets go down.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Vaguely remember India-England being an effective knockout game for Super 6 qualification. Was quite a herculean effort by India to get there after the start we had to that tournament.
As it turned out it became one. From memory both the final group games England v India and SA v Zim started at the same time, but the former went to the reserve day because of rain and, by then, Zimbabwe had beaten the already-qualifed Saffers so it was, yeah.

In all fairness Zim did beat India before they downed SA, but given that SA had already qualified and what we know now the latter sticks in the throat a little.

Blaze 18

Banned
Rooting for South Africa here. Like I've said several times already, no-one from the other group should have an easy game in the quarters.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Rooting for South Africa here. Like I've said several times already, no-one from the other group should have an easy game in the quarters.
I still don't understand this logic, if Bangladesh progress to the quarters that would mean they would have beaten England and SA. If a team has beat these two teams then surely they are capable of beating any other team, hence not an "easy game".
Bangladesh have won 10 out of the last 13 ODI at home, not exactly a bad record.

vcs

I still don't understand this logic, if Bangladesh progress to the quarters that would mean they would have beaten England and SA. If a team has beat these two teams then surely they are capable of beating any other team, hence not an "easy game".
Bangladesh have won 10 out of the last 13 ODI at home, not exactly a bad record.
AWTA.

z

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangers at home are a bit of a handful for anyone IMO. No easier than West Indies or New Zealand for any team tbh.