• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

James

Cricket Web Owner
A match thread will be created for each match but this thread is for general discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Similiar to the *Official* Group A General Discussion and *Official* Group B General Discussion threads.

salman85

International Debutant
That's very unlikely IMO.Group B has most probably taken it's final shape.That's how the teams will end up.Group A will become clearer after Saturday,but for Pakistan and England to meet in the QF,Pakistan will have to end up 2nd in the group,which is kind of unlikely.We'll end up 4th or 1st.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If Pak beat Australia they will most likely play the West Indies. If they lose then they will play South Africa. However it can all change if West Indies beat India and if Bangladesh beat South Africa (both scenarios unlikely to happen). Tbh I don't mind facing West Indies or RSA.

smash84

The Tiger King
I am getting a bad feeling about the QFs. A friend of mine and myself were discussing that it seems that if we get any other opposition bar bangers in the QFs were going to get banged and knocked out.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I think we have a good chance against the Windies. As for South Africa, well with our bowling we can get rid of their top order quickly leaving their tail exposed.

Blaze 18

Banned
My predictions

Quarter-finals

1) Australia vs West Indies, March 23.
2) Sri Lanka vs England, March 24.
3) New Zealand vs India, March 25.
4) Pakistan vs South Africa, March 26.

(Assuming Sri Lanka, Australia and India win their respective matches).

BeeGee

International Captain
My predictions

Quarter-finals

I refuse to accept this scenario. New scenario, please.

Woodster

International Captain
My predictions

Quarter-finals

Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. Tricky, but we could go there and win, IMO.
If that is the case and we play Sri Lanka, I think I'm right in saying that will take place on Saturday (March 26)won't it, as that's the date for the fixture in Sri Lanka ?

BeeGee

International Captain
My predictions

Quarter-finals

OK, this looks better:

My predictions

Quarter-finals

1) New Zealand vs West Indies, March 23.
2) Pakistan vs England, March 24.
3) Australia vs India, March 25.
4) Sri Lanka vs South Africa, March 26.

(Assuming New Zealand, Pakistan and India win their respective matches).

Flem274*

123/5
Is it bad that I'm quite relieved Bangladesh are unlikely to make the QFs?

Honestly, after India, Sri Lanka and Australia, they're the number four "does not want" team to face for me right now.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Assuming Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India and South Africa win their matches

Pakistan v.s. West Indies
Sri Lanka v.s. England
Australia v.s. India
South Africa v.s. New Zealand

smash84

The Tiger King
My predictions

Quarter-finals

awta

salman85

International Debutant
Is it bad that I'm quite relieved Bangladesh are unlikely to make the QFs?Honestly, after India, Sri Lanka and Australia, they're the number four "does not want" team to face for me right now.
Yes it is.Bangladesh should be the whipping boys of the QFs.They've made one upset in the tournament,and that's pretty much it for them.Any team that plays them in the QF,provided that they qualify,should be extremly happy.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
OK, this looks better:

My predictions

Quarter-finals

1) New Zealand vs West Indies, March 23.
2) Pakistan vs England, March 24.
3) Australia vs India, March 25.
4) Sri Lanka vs South Africa, March 26.

(Assuming New Zealand, Pakistan and India win their respective matches).
:scared:

salman85

International Debutant
Australia vs India would be one hell of a match.I think India will win,but for me it will instantly bring back memories of classic ODIs they played during the late 1990s/early 2000s.I remember a match in Sharjah where Australia and India faced off.I don't remember who the commentator was,but he mentioned how the only time he has seen so much energy in the crowd before was during Pakistan-India matches.

Last edited: