• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah... but its the same venue where we got choked by the Zimbabwean spinners..!!
That's mostly because Haddin and Watson have to be two of the most inept players when it comes to milking ones off spinners I have ever seen. Watson makes up for it because of his form and the fact that any length balls are liable to go the journey, but Haddin is truly dreadful.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm I right in saying if South Africa beat NZ and Sri Lanka beat England then the semi will take place in Mohali and not Colombo?

Boy this is confusing! :laugh:

And if I was the Windies, then I wouldn't be so up for today's game. Rather play Pak in a quarter final and hope they have one of their bad days than an Aus side who despite being one note, know how to win WCs. If India win, then all four games look brilliant on paper and good match ups. Still no favourite for the WC at the moment which makes the games even more exciting.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not all that disappointed in NZ drawing SA tbh. If NZ was to cause a major upset in the WC, I reckon it's more likely to be against a side like SA than the likes of India or SL. I just think their style suits us more. SA will obviously massive favorites, but who knows, NZ could win a vital toss & get a bit of early luck. SA should be very wary against an inconsistent, but potentially dangerous NZ.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Tactics from now on should be dustbowls+4 spinners(Piyush Crapla, AshWIN, SLA Pie chucker, Bhajji)+Zak. WC in the bag if we do that.

smash84

The Tiger King
Tactics from now on should be dustbowls+4 spinners(Piyush Crapla, AshWIN, SLA Pie chucker, Bhajji)+Zak. WC in the bag if we do that.
Not sure how well this will work against SL.

Somehow I still get the feeling that Aus will bring out the best in them in the QFs.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not sure how well this will work against SL.

Somehow I still get the feeling that Aus will bring out the best in them in the QFs.
Oh yes - they just might. But on paper and what I have seen from them they do appear to be a class spinner short which might bite them in the butt. But if they have a day where all bowlers actually turn up and not Lee on his own they can beat anybody anywhere in this WC .

That said - the same applies to most sides in the quarters ... :laugh:

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
I definitely don't think India would prepare dust bowls for any of their games, in fact wicket at A'dabad is probably gonna be a flat batting paradise because from what I've seen from India so far they just want to use their batting might and bat the other team out of the contest.

smash84

The Tiger King
I definitely don't think India would prepare dust bowls for any of their games, in fact wicket at A'dabad is probably gonna be a flat batting paradise because from what I've seen from India so far they just want to use their batting might and bat the other team out of the contest.
Yes I agree but this tactic of theirs doesn't seem to be working too well. Especially against England and SA this tactic got exposed.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes I agree but this tactic of theirs doesn't seem to be working too well. Especially against England and SA this tactic got exposed.
And West Indies either. Need to re-learn how to finish innings properly.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
So it is almost certain that it is going to be a Pakistan vs West indies Quarterfinal.
One thing in Pakistan's favour is that we are playing in Bangladesh, we are going to get lots of support there from Bangali's. (Although lankans supported us alot too).

Shri

Mr. Glass
Should be awesome seeing Bhajji/AshWIN bowl to Haddin, Watto and Ponting in the QF. Starting to believe again that we can go the distance!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting to see what side the Windies come up with to face Pakistan

Ideally, this would be their strongest team on paper, but I'm not really sure who could captain

Gayle
Smith
Bravo
Sarwan
Shiv
Pollard
Russell
Thomas
Bishoo
Rampaul
Roach

BoyBrumby

Englishman
^^^

3 ex-test captains in there, so someone could step up, surely?

Anyway, intriguing set of quarters in the offing. India v Oz the obvious stand out tie, but all could go either way.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Gayle just got stripped of the captaincy
Sarwan looks horribly out of touch
Shiv keeps getting left out of the side

smash84

The Tiger King
tbh WI would fancy their chances against Pakistan especially if Pakistan get up on the wrong side of the bed. WI would be hoping for that