• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarters/Semis/Final General Discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
Afridi is a leg spinner though. I don't see him having an impact with the ball against India since we always play leg spinners well. Just hope the pressure gets to Gul and he doesn't get his yorkers right. Let me put it this way, if we don't lose wickets to Gul, we will win the game.
Big if. He's a bloody awesome bowler in this format.

And Afridi could still cause damage if he brings out his medium-pace balls that he pulls out of nowhere.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If SL beat England on Saturday, I think we are going all the way:cool:
Neither SA/NZ is going to trouble SL at the premadasa for the semis.

And the winner of the Ind/Pak game is going to be so emotionally, physically and mentally drained they are not going to even show up for the finals. Classic let down game.

Just have to get by England and Swann.:unsure:
On the contrary, QF should be your easiest game I think, going purely by form and team skills.

Spark

Global Moderator
I gotta say, as utterly disappointing as our exit was, it's already turning out to be quite fun to enjoy the latter stages of the WC as a purely neutral cricket fan.

Jacknife

International Captain
Afridi has been basically unplayable in ODIs and T20 in the last 2 years. India could easily collapse if they attack him too much
I was looking into Afridis' stats for the past couple of years and there's no doubt, he's had a great start to 2011, but through the whole of 2010 in ODi's he averaged over 45, which was a surprise.

Jacknife

International Captain
Afridi has been basically unplayable in ODIs and T20 in the last 2 years. India could easily collapse if they attack him too much
I was looking into Afridis' stats for the past couple of years the other day and there's no doubt, he's had a great start to 2011, but through the whole of 2010 in ODi's he averaged over 45 and 28 in T20's, which was a surprise.

smash84

The Tiger King

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
oh sorry. Was looking at the combined total of 2011 and 2010. Yeah it is 45 in 2010. Hell it is 17 in 2011 :cool:
While it is stupid to underestimate Afridi's bowling but the above average of 17 might have something to do with his 10 wickets against Kenya and Canada.

And that said, he has bowled really well in this world cup and historically has bowled well in/against India.

Lostman

State Captain
If SL beat England on Saturday, I think we are going all the way:cool:
Neither SA/NZ is going to trouble SL at the premadasa for the semis.

And the winner of the Ind/Pak game is going to be so emotionally, physically and mentally drained they are not going to even show up for the finals. Classic let down game.

Just have to get by England and Swann.:unsure:
Please Pak/Ind bash either senseless tomorrow:)