• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 38 - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Oram should've been left on for a couple more overs, he was looking a real handful.

BeeGee

International Captain
Southee looks like he's struggling with the heat, but his pace is right up there (140k).

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Seriously impressed by Southee here. Pretty much every ball has been late 130s, early 140s, on a good line and length, and he's kept his outswing.

JBH001

International Regular
Evening all.

Been waiting for this match, tbh, although, truth be told, I have some seriously divided loyalties.

I think NZ will win this.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bennett's not doing too badly now actually. But I think he should be used in short-ish spells in this heat.

Himannv

International Coach
When they play your national anthem what instruments do they use? Couldn't figure it out while I was listening tonight.
As far as I know it varies with the band. The usual stuff, clarinets, trumpets, base drums, melodicas, accordians, symbols etc..

EDIT: I'd say pretty much the marching band style instruments are the ones generally used.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously impressed by Southee here. Pretty much every ball has been late 130s, early 140s, on a good line and length, and he's kept his outswing.
When I first joined this web site I said that Southee needed to

a) learn to bowl a bit quicker around 140kms
b) Get cannier through more experience
c) Go play some county cricket

He is fulfilling on a and b - he is way smarter than he used to be - and will get smarter. Every 6 months I make the same post - he is our future. Couldn't beleive it when they picked Bennett over him in that first test in India.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, Greig on Bennett: "a medium-pacer, and that's all he is."

He bowled five balls over 143 in that over. Not absolutely express, sure, but hardly medium.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
As far as I know it varies with the band. The usual stuff, clarinets, trumpets, base drums, melodicas, accordians, symbols etc..
I thought I heard an accordian but I wasn't sure.
Ok thanks for that...it caught the ear of some of our NZ posters.

* Don't want Ryder bowling due to injury concerns...