Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Zealand

    5 29.41%
  • Sri Lanka

    12 70.59%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 468

Thread: *Official* Match 38 - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,456
    If Sri Lanka beat New Zealand and Australia beat Pakistan, New Zealand will likely finish third and face India in the quarter-final.

    If Sri Lanka beat New Zealand and Pakistan beat Australia, New Zealand will finish fourth and face South Africa in the quarter-final.

    If New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and Australia beat Pakistan, New Zealand will finish second and likely face England in the quarter-final.

    If New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan beat Australia, New Zealand will likely finish first and face West Indies in the quarter-final.

    They could be facing any of the four!

  2. #17
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Scenario's

    NZ Lose - We'll finish 3rd or 4th
    Pak Lose (most likely, although you can't guarantee it) - Unless NZ get absolutely hammered, we'll finish 3rd because we've got a considerably better NRR than Pakistan does.
    Pak Wins: We come 4th

    NZ Win
    We'll finish 1st or 2nd depending on the outcome of the Aus Pak match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    If Sri Lanka beat New Zealand and Australia beat Pakistan, New Zealand will likely finish third and face India in the quarter-final.

    If Sri Lanka beat New Zealand and Pakistan beat Australia, New Zealand will finish fourth and face South Africa in the quarter-final.

    If New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and Australia beat Pakistan, New Zealand will finish second and likely face England in the quarter-final.

    If New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan beat Australia, New Zealand will likely finish first and face West Indies in the quarter-final.

    They could be facing any of the four!
    Just not India, anyone but India, please.

  3. #18
    International Coach Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wigton Unzud
    Posts
    14,082
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    Just not India, anyone but India, please.
    Of course we're assuming that India will win their last game against the windies. If an upset occurs then finishing 3rd would be ideal as we'd get a game against the windies.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    Just not India, anyone but India, please.
    I don't want India to face New Zealand either, I'd be more comfortable with having Sri Lanka as our quarter-final opponent.


  5. #20
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    Just not India, anyone but India, please.
    Sorry man, looks like you guys will be facing us most likely. Should be a good game.

  6. #21
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Sorry man, looks like you guys will be facing us most likely. Should be a good game.
    I've already seen this game in my nightmares: dry road of a pitch, India win the toss and bat first, Mills and Vettori both re-injure themselves in their first over, and India score 400. Super.

  7. #22
    International Coach straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    11,486
    It may not be a knock out match, but I think NZ really need to win this game. We're just starting to string together a few good performances and losing here, against a sub-continent team in the sub-continent, would bring back all those doubts. Winning against Sri Lanka would be huge for confidence.

    That said, we're not favourites by any stretch of the imagination, especially with Mills and Vettori injured.

  8. #23
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,341
    Need to get through the Sri Lankan top four.

    Which we won't.

    Mills and Vettori are our two best ODI players, so of course they fell down injured. Taylor will get injured next.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  9. #24
    Not Terrible Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    #BlamePhlegm
    Posts
    42,787
    Southee to have a good day but the lack of back up to prove telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

  10. #25
    International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10,963
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    I've already seen this game in my nightmares: dry road of a pitch, India win the toss and bat first, Mills and Vettori both re-injure themselves in their first over, and India score 400. Super.
    I feel for you my friend. I am also dreading the thought of facing India in a quarter final (I am secretly wishing for the scenario where the Aussies face India, so that they can eliminate India from the WC ).

  11. #26
    International Coach straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    11,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Need to get through the Sri Lankan top four.

    Which we won't.

    Mills and Vettori are our two best ODI players, so of course they fell down injured. Taylor will get injured next.
    You're a barrel of laughs today Flem

  12. #27
    International Coach wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the line
    Posts
    10,376
    With Franklin and Oram as our second and third seamers, I can understand his lack of optimism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Neesham
    Root always sets up the innings well. It's nice having BJ down the order to finish the innings off.
    Exit pursuing a beer

  13. #28
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    If Sri Lanka beat New Zealand and Australia beat Pakistan, New Zealand will likely finish third and face India in the quarter-final.

    If Sri Lanka beat New Zealand and Pakistan beat Australia, New Zealand will finish fourth and face South Africa in the quarter-final.

    If New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and Australia beat Pakistan, New Zealand will finish second and likely face England in the quarter-final.

    If New Zealand beat Sri Lanka and Pakistan beat Australia, New Zealand will likely finish first and face West Indies in the quarter-final.

    They could be facing any of the four!
    haha.....as they say....no **** Sherlock

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I feel for you my friend. I am also dreading the thought of facing India in a quarter final (I am secretly wishing for the scenario where the Aussies face India, so that they can eliminate India from the WC ).
    yeah man awta. India have always managed to screw us in the world cup and I am dreading a knockout match against them. I get the feeling they will give a farewell to Shoaib Akhtar that he won't forget (smash him all over the place).
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  14. #29
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    With Franklin and Oram as our second and third seamers, I can understand his lack of optimism.
    So would I be right in guessing that you're not an Oram fan?
    Franklin's bowling is a worry. Oram's is not.

    So far in this WC, Oram has played 3 games, taken 7 wkts at an avg. of 13 and an econ. of 4.2. He's a good ODI bowler.

    Now Franklin, on the other hand, has taken 0 wkts and has an econ. of 6.1.

  15. #30
    U19 Cricketer Prad100w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    in the realm of senses
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I don't want India to face New Zealand either, I'd be more comfortable with having Sri Lanka as our quarter-final opponent.
    If that is the case where will the match be played?

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Match 20 - Sri Lanka v Australia
    By James in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 314
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:36 PM
  2. Non Test Playing Nations!!!
    By laksh_01 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1155
    Last Post: 18-10-2009, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •