• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 37 - Ireland v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ireland v Netherlands
Fri Mar 18

Eden Gardens, Kolkata
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local | 15:00 EST | 14:30 CST | 12:00 WST

Ireland Squad

William Porterfield (captain), Andre Botha, Alex Cusack, George Dockrell, Trent Johnston, Nigel Jones, Ed Joyce, John Mooney, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien (wicketkeeper), Boyd Rankin, Paul Stirling, Albert van der Merwe, Andrew White, Gary Wilson (wicketkeeper)Suhrawadi Shuvo

Netherlands Squad

Peter Borren (captain), Adeel Raja, Wesley Barresi (wicketkeeper), Mudassar Bukhari, Atse Buurman (wicketkeeper), Tom Cooper, Tom de Grooth, Alexei Kervezee, Bradley Kruger, Bernard Loots, Pieter Seelaar, Eric Szwarczynski, Ryan ten Doeschate, Berend Westdijk, Bas Zuiderent

Blaze 18

Banned
If Ireland hadn't messed up that easy chase against Bangladesh, this match would have a lot more meaning, as Ireland would have had a realistic chance of qualifying for the quarters. Ireland are the stronger side on paper : better bowling and arguably better batting, as well. I'd like to see Netherlands win tomorrow, because those poor dudes have no wins to show for their efforts. Ireland have that brilliant win against England.

Whatever happens tomorrow, both these sides can feel very proud of themselves, and both these sides should be part of the next World Cup.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah, agree with you Blaze, both of these sides deserve to be in the next world cup. They have worked really hard to achieve what they have. My low opinion of the ICC would be furthur dented if they don't let them compete next time.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Assuming Zimbabwe return to test cricket and aren't considered an associate then if there's only 10 sides in the next world cup neither of these teams have a chance do they?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Depends how the 10 are picked. I would suspect there'll be some form of qualifying Tournament for say 8 teams to take 2 or 3 spots.

Quaggas

State Captain
Tough one to choose. The Irish are so damn likable, but for some reason that completely escapes me, I'll have to go with supporting the Dutch.