• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who has been the Worst Commentator so far?

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
OK we have a thread for the favourite commentator now its time for the hated one.
I find Russell Arnold most irritating, apart from him the rest are decent. Post your list

Gooch20

Banned
in this worldcup i find Wasim Akram really annoying, his english is not as good as it use to be, on the other hand Ramees Raja is really good as always

Maximus0723

State Regular
Yea Arnold sux.I can't stand Indian commentators bar Shahstri.

Though I don't mind Nicholas or Akram. Like Grieg as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Shastri is terrible sometimes, like when he's shilling for the BCCI. Chappelli can be really really annoying sometimes too when he gets stubborn and refuses to even acknowledge that other people may disagree.

Generally, I prefer pretty much all of the English commentators - Bumble especially. WAG.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Gavaskar: STFU
Greig: sad to see a previously good comm. suck. Pretty bad allround. Dude was reading the opposing captains name's and the match ref's name off a piece of paper at the toss. Smh. Can't remember which game though.
Shastri: less cliches please
Raja: Rajaisms
Wilkins: Though actually good and not as bad as the above, he creams himself whenever he is commenting with Wasim. Also has a weird way of pronouncing Akhtar.
Botham:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sunil Gavaskar IMO. The other nonsense commentators who add nothing along with him are mentioned in the above posts anyway.

Only commie who adds something yet continually manages to annoy me is Ian Chappell.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Will refrain from mentioning the ones I dislike but will stick to the blokes that have been good this year:

Naseer - Always worth listening to what he has to say. Hardly even a hint of bias and quite good natured.

Lloyd - Been a fan of his commentry for a while so nothing new here.

Pommie - Really growing on me. Good natured bloke and all round good guy.

Rameez Raja - Among my favourites really. Always worth listening to.

As for Wasim Akram, I'm a bit of a fanboy so wont be hearing anything bad about him from me.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
in this worldcup i find Wasim Akram really annoying, his english is not as good as it use to be, on the other hand Ramees Raja is really good as always
I thought that Akram's analysis on bowling has been really good. I also think his and Raja's partnership has been pretty entertaining, especially when they reminisce about the good old days with King Khan and Inzy.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Dan Morisson, what a prick
Gavaskar, Arun Lal, Laxman Shiv etc I don't like Shastri either, but he's the slightly better than the rest.
All lankan commies
Ramiz Raja
Shamim (the BD commie) - torture

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Botham, can't stand him and he just seems to whinge non stop any time something doesn't go englands way, fair enough to show some bias but others get over it and return to following the game.
Nas and Pommie have been the best. And i always love Tony Greigs commentary.

Chehtha

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sunil Gavsakar......the most biased commentator ever.....thank god we dont have the usual indian suspects like arun lal and laxman sivaramakrishanan

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Russel Arnold. Has the most annoying voice, the lamest of comments. His voice gets increasingly annoying when Sanga comes out to bat.

robinjr

School Boy/Girl Captain
1 Alan Wilkins
2 Russel
3 Beef

Also one gets the feeling Ravi isn't exactly what the doctor ordered as well but he's hell of a lot better than those 3

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha Sanga better not commentate after his career. I'm sure he'd be good at it but he has so much more to offer his country.