• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How would you score runs if Sammy and Pollard kept bowling wide outside off with a 6-3 offside field?

Woodster

International Captain
Tame ending for Trott who had looked so good. A risky shot against the spin looking only for a single. Come on Morgy!

Woodster

International Captain
Think the sweep shot, if Trott wanted to play the ball in that area, may have been less risky. He's trying to turn the ball into the vacant area on the legside but keeping the bat kind of vertical giving him a much smaller area in which to make contact, when turning his wrists on it. Going against the turn always represents an element of danger.

vcs

Think the sweep shot, if Trott wanted to play the ball in that area, may have been less risky. He's trying to turn the ball into the vacant area on the legside but keeping the bat kind of vertical giving him a much smaller area in which to make contact, when turning his wrists on it. Going against the turn always represents an element of danger.
Got out playing across the line against India also, didn't he? It's such a productive scoring area for him that you have to take the occasional dismissal as well, I suppose.

Having said that, the guy is an absolute run machine and his temperament at the crease is so reminiscent of Kallis (I know it's been said before but the resemblance is striking).

Woodster

International Captain
Got out playing across the line against India also, didn't he? It's such a productive scoring area for him that you have to take the occasional dismissal as well, I suppose.

Having said that, the guy is an absolute run machine and his temperament at the crease is so reminiscent of Kallis (I know it's been said before but the resemblance is striking).
Yes going across the one against India was part of his downfall there. It is an area he is strong, but there is a danger with the odd delivery really ripping here playing with a vertical bat against the turn, I just thought playing the sweep into the same area would have contained slightly less risk.

He doesn't make many errors in shot selection, he is becoming a really high class batsman, and batted beautifully again today, just a shame he couldn't go on.

Burgey

Roach. WAFG. Great ball first up, Bell embarrassed by it, frankly. Roach has been so good today.

Shades of Vaughan and Flintoff's dismissals to McGrath at Lord's in 05.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Bell gone now, big blow. The advantage of being able to bring on a genuine wicket-taking threat in these middle overs with a batsman set. Didn't look to keep as low as Bell suggests with his shot and reaction, but probably skidded onto him if anything.