Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

9 33.33%
  • West Indies

18 66.67%
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    In a shocking turn of events, James Anderson will go for 6+ rpo.
    Heard Tremlett's going to be replacing him.

Hope the selectors grasp the nettle and drop Jimmy.

They weren't afraid to make the big call to drop Finn in the Ashes, who was our leading wicket taker but whose profligacy had cost us dearly in a low scoring test at the WACA. Surely being expensive is even more of a sin in limited overs cricket?

I think two spinners is a must for Chennai, so think Yardy is likely to replace one of Colly or Ravi. I'm not sure if it says more of his decline as a batsman or our lack of spinning options, but we almost miss KP as much for his offies as his runs just now.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Hope the selectors grasp the nettle and drop Jimmy.

They weren't afraid to make the big call to drop Finn in the Ashes, who was our leading wicket taker but whose profligacy had cost us dearly in a low scoring test at the WACA. Surely being expensive is even more of a sin in limited overs cricket?

I think two spinners is a must for Chennai, so think Yardy is likely to replace one of Colly or Ravi. I'm not sure if it says more of his decline as a batsman or our lack of spinning options, but we almost miss KP as much for his offies as his runs just now.
    The other precedent for dropping Jimmy was the last 2020WC, when Flower did exactly that.

Given Yardy's direness and the likely pitch tomorrow, you do have to wonder exactly why Tredwell's in the squad if he doesn't play against WI.

Colly vs Bopara is an interesting call. Bopara has at least played a couple of decent knocks in this tourny, and he does have form against WI, albeit in the longer form of the game. But Colly's off-cutters would be missed.

Evil Scotsman
    As Tredwell is an offie, I'm assuming he's in the squad to replace Swann in the event that Swann gets injured.

In selection news, Asoka de Silva has been dropped from the umpiring team for this match.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    If England lose, the quarterfinalists from this group are confirmed, right... SA, India, WI and Bangladesh in no particular order?
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiaLose View Post
    What if the game ties?
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Then England are ****ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    England will need Bangladesh to lose to SA
    Haha, you crazy kids.

If England lose this game they will be knocked out, and Bangladesh will go through. If they win, tie or it is rained out, they will progress, assuming South Africa beat Bangladesh. If the Deshis get up, it doesn't matter what England do today.

It's all explained here.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Would remain sceptical over the possible impact of Yardy even on a pitch that may slightly assist him. Would much prefer the inclusion of both Collingwood and Bopara, don't think including those two weakens the bowling at all, yet it would certainly strengthen the batting.

Have hopes for Bell being moved up to open, though I presume the long-running Prior experiment will persevered with, and maybe because of the way Anderson bowled on this pitch against SA where he managed to get just enough out of the track to be effective, they may also stick with him in the hope he can replicate that performance.

Huge game for us, really have no idea which way it's going to go.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Haha, you crazy kids.

If England lose this game they will be knocked out, and Bangladesh will go through. If they win, tie or it is rained out, they will progress, assuming South Africa beat Bangladesh. If the Deshis get up, it doesn't matter what England do today.

It's all explained here.
    I think 8ankitj is responding to a WI-Eng tie scenario - then if Ban loses to SA, Eng will go through on NNR.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    The sooner we dismiss the idea of Yardy as a second spinner the better. He's a medium pacer. If the pitch is very conductive to spin, Yardy won't benefit any more than Collingwood. If England want to play two spinners they should bring in Tredwell, not that I rate him that highly, but he's the only other genuine spinner in the squad. Bresnan at 7 and Swann at 8 seems fine to me, so he can come in for Collingwood if necessary. I still think that's a tactic strictly for an absolute bunsen only though.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 16-03-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Haha, you crazy kids.

It's all explained here.
    If we win and Bangas beat Saffa I think we can still go through if India beat Windies, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    If we win and Bangas beat Saffa I think we can still go through if India beat Windies, right?
    Yeah, that's the only way the Windies will go out instead of us. If the WI beat India then India could still go out instead of us on NRR.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    I think 8ankitj is responding to a WI-Eng tie scenario - then if Ban loses to SA, Eng will go through on NNR.
    Haha, you crazy kids.

It's all explained here.

Correct.

I believe you are correct.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Yeah, that's the only way the Windies will go out instead of us. If the WI beat India then India could still go out instead of us on NRR.
    Would probably have a **** if that happened
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Apparently Miller is to be dropped and Bishoo will make his debut tonight. There's a few other rumours circling around on Caribbeancricket.com around the supposed team tactics. Not sure how reliable they all are though

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information