• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Predicted at the start of the tournament that this match might turn out to be very significant and so it has.

England have been stepping up for the big matches so I'm thinking they'll be up for this as well.

But I root for Bangladesh so I'll be supporting the Indies. :P

Challis

U19 12th Man
After your last prediction regarding Bangladesh vs. England, surely this is an example of you not learning your lesson :p
:laugh:

WI FTW!!

I've made a "hedge bet" on England winning just in case, obviously I want them to lose but if the worst does happen and they get lucky and win, I'll do the same and bet all the winning on SA beating Bangladesh. At Least that way, worst case scenario I'll have a little cash to drown my sorrows in, although I don't it'll make a difference as I'll be absolutely gutted if Bangladesh don't qualify for the Quarters.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England lose, the quarterfinalists from this group are confirmed, right... SA, India, WI and Bangladesh in no particular order?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I do that all the time. Bet against the result I want to happen so it's win/win

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
Massive game
This match should have been shifted to Bangladesh, full stadium and full home support to the West Indies :D You can bet millions will be watching this game

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Want a thrilling climax to this group's games. England victory and odds will turn again. Go England.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does Tredwell gets a go purely cos its Chennai ?

Doubt it, but this really is desperation stuff, could see them opening with Swann, then wanting a better lower-order, so Jimmeh makes way for Tredwell, Yardy or Wright comes in. I list them in the order of craptitude, it's horrid stuff.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't wait for this. Not exactly a must win for WI, but there'll be more support for them tomorrow than they've had in years.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Big game for a couple of countries. If England lose, three teams are through, including India.

England can be pretty terrible, but they can be pretty good too. No idea what to expect from a team that loses to Ireland and Bangladesh but beats SA.

Will certainly be watching though.

shivfan

Banned
Windies need Gayle for this but I can see England springing a "surprise". Swann has a great record against the Windies and they have a plethora of left handers, which he loves. Interested to see if Russell gets a go here, did well in the Windies last game and offers more fire-power up top than Sammy.
Interestingly, Sammy has started to deliver with the ball, so maybe he might be useful on those Chennai pitches....

This is the team I would like to see Windies fielding:

1) Chris Gayle
2) Devon Smith
3) Darren Bravo
4) Ramnaresh Sarwan
5) Shiv Chanderpaul
6) Kieron Pollard
7) Devon Thomas
8) Darren Sammy
9) Suleimann Benn
10) Kemar Roach
11) Dev Bishoo

I feel leggie Bishoo could offer something different on that spin-friendly pitch....

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I rate Sammy. He has bowled well whenever I've watched him. Good fielder too.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
After 4 days of unremarkable cricket, looking forward to this one. Not sure who I will root for though.