• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
244. Not sure what to make of it, WI's batting lineup looks worryingly short. Just have to make sure the set batsman goes on with it, I guess.

vcs

That's probably the first time I've seen a total of nearly 250 without a single batsman getting to a half-century.

Woodster

International Captain
A score at one point we didn't look like we'd make. Below par on this pitch and with the number of starts we got. Top four plus Luke Wright all passed 20 but none went on and made a substantial innings, hopefully we won't suffer for it.

Chris Gayle obviously a massive wicket because he can make this look a very small total, as Pollard can.

Spark

Global Moderator
We'll win this by 100+ runs.

Come on England.
Was wondering what happened to you earlier on tbh

5 completed innings between 20 and 50 (and nothing higher), that's piss tbh. Really afflicted them down here, and it's happened again.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Would back WI if Chanderpaul was there. Think they'll probably get off to a flyer, collapse, rebuild, then collapse again. Not too hopeful.

Burgey

A score at one point we didn't look like we'd make. Below par on this pitch and with the number of starts we got. Top four plus Luke Wright all passed 20 but none went on and made a substantial innings, hopefully we won't suffer for it.

Chris Gayle obviously a massive wicket because he can make this look a very small total, as Pollard can.
You looked like making it at 2-120 odd tbf.

I'm still struggling to see why people are saying the pitch doesn't look good. It didn't trouble the England top order, they just pissed away good starts.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
This is a decent score by England considering where they were at one point of time. Now the key will be to get Gayle out early and put pressure on WI. WI batting looks a bit thin for my liking.

vcs

Yeah, you'd think this kind of chase is made for Chanderpaul. Can anchor it without having to worry too much about scoring a run a ball or more. Anyway, if Lil' Bravo lives up to my prediction and tons up :wub:, WI should do this.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Looks like a good game ahead, although I'm not too sure whether this total is competitive or not. However anything can happen when it comes to the West Indies and England.

Spark

Global Moderator

I'm still struggling to see why people are saying the pitch doesn't look good. It didn't trouble the England top order, they just pissed away good starts.
Yeah indeed. I can't actually name a single wicket - bar possibly the last - where the batsman wasn't the primary culprit. Some horrible batting there. Bell, Prior and Bopara, ugh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was wondering what happened to you earlier on tbh

5 completed innings between 20 and 50 (and nothing higher), that's piss tbh. Really afflicted them down here, and it's happened again.
Am at work tbh

Woodster

International Captain

Obviously it looked brighter then, but there was a long way to go, and with they way England have played it's a brave man to make a score prediction in excess of 240 so far out. At 151-6 with Tredwell making his way out, would have taken 243 right there.