• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 36 - England v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
The boundary comments are pretty funny. You don't need anything more than twos to score at seven an over if the field allows.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thats the mentality as to why we are going home.. they,ve scored some runs so lets not bother to get an unbeatable target lets plod along..
They're not playing some under-14 team, mate, they can't just start hitting 4s and 6s on demand when they feel like it.

Woodster

International Captain
I rate Morgan very highly as an ODI batsman. I just can't see any argument for that being a reasonable mode of dismissal in the circumstances. It's akin to Gayle getting caught at long-off when 1 run-per-over is needed.
So agreed to disagree.
Not really a good or even comparison, but take on board what you're saying.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Not really a good or even comparison, but take on board what you're saying.
Can't see how it's not. Both cases are batsmen playing their normal game, regardless of circumstance. Being a top class batsman isn't about playing your game every single time. It's about knowing when to adapt your game to circumstance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is piss weak captaincy. Letting England off the hook.

Typical modern day cricket.

Keeno

Cricket Spectator
They're not playing some under-14 team, mate, they can't just start hitting 4s and 6s on demand when they feel like it.

It seems funny that all other teams can... I think someone needs to explain that if you get a boundary your score goes up by 4 or 6 but nudging will put your score up by 1 or 2. see the difference yet?

Mr Mxyzptlk

It seems funny that all other teams can... I think someone needs to explain that if you get a boundary your score goes up by 4 or 6 but nudging will put your score up by 1 or 2. see the difference yet?
Can't tell if you honestly believe that this is how cricket works, in practice, or if you're trolling...