• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting wants wickets from spinners

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
World Cup 2011: Ricky Ponting wants wickets from his spinners | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

especially if the Australians find themselves up against quality handlers of spin, like India.
Eh, a bit contradictory maybe? Krejza doesn't need to play a part in the team at all imo, and if that happens, then the small amount of maximum 10-15 overs of spin by Clarke, Smith and Hussey shouldn't be a problem. If a team is good against spin then why bowl spin against them when your pace attack is so strong? I don't really know much about the Aussie set up though, have hardly watched them play this WC. Thoughts?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets fedex our sense of humour to a galaxy far far away.
:laugh:

Your avatar reminds me of an unown.
Truly one of the most useless Pokemon out there. Had to let it go in the wild after I caught it, after finding out it doesn't evolve.

To anyone still living in the year 2000 and playing Gold/Silver, I suggest don't bother with this Pokemon, he's just a waste of time.

BeeGee

International Captain
I want a million pounds. :ph34r:
A million pounds of what?

World Cup 2011: Ricky Ponting wants wickets from his spinners | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo

Eh, a bit contradictory maybe? Krejza doesn't need to play a part in the team at all imo, and if that happens, then the small amount of maximum 10-15 overs of spin by Clarke, Smith and Hussey shouldn't be a problem. If a team is good against spin then why bowl spin against them when your pace attack is so strong? I don't really know much about the Aussie set up though, have hardly watched them play this WC. Thoughts?
There's no point in flogging a dead horse, Ricky. Your seamers are going OK, if I was you I'd put all my eggs in that basket.

Last edited: