• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs Pakistan...maybe?

Guru#1

Cricket Spectator
I wanna see them battle!!! :( I love the competitiveness between these 2 teams.

Do you think its going to happen?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I really hope it does. But I think it will be India vs NZL, and Pak vs SA in the quarters.

Perhaps in the semis? :unsure:

Guru#1

Cricket Spectator
na i really dont want them in semis, dnt know why but. However, i would love to see them fight it out in finals! ohh that would be another sight. But i do feel that only 1 team will make it to semis, IND or PAK.

Blaze 18

Banned
Australia vs West Indies - Q1
Sri Lanka vs England - Q2
New Zealand vs India - Q3
South Africa vs Pakistan - Q4

The first semi-final will be between the winner of Q1 and the winner of Q3; the second will be between the winner of Q2 and the winner of Q4. In other words, no. :p
Not in that scenario, no. The semi finals are:

(A1 v B4) plays (B2 v A3)

and

(B1 v A4) plays (A2 v B3)

So if India finsh second and Pakistan fourth, they will avoid eachother before the final. If Pakistan end up 4th but India go on to lose to the West Indies, they could well play Pakistan in the semis.
Sorry, but an Indo-Pak clash is unlikely.

smash84

The Tiger King
the india-pak match-up in the finals will give me a heart attack......I am half hoping that they don't play

Himannv

International Coach
From a neutral perspective, I wouldn't mind seeing England go on to the finals this time. They have been involved in the best games so far and if they keep up that particular streak, I think they'd be good fun to watch.

salman85

International Debutant
Not the QF.I'm not sure if they would meet in the Semis if they win their win their respective QFs.Pakistan India meeting in the final would be a fitting end to the tournament though.

The possbility of a not so fitting end to cricketing careers after an India Pakistan final cannot be ruled out either :ph34r: