• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 33 - Pakistan v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Pakistan v Zimbabwe
Mon Mar 14

Pallekele International Cricket Stadium
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

Pakistan Squad

Shahid Afridi (captain), Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal (wicketkeeper), Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Akmal (wicketkeeper), Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

Zimbabwe Squad

Elton Chigumbura (captain), Regis Chakabva, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Terry Duffin, Craig Ervine, Greg Lamb, Shingirai Masakadza, Chris Mpofu, Tinashe Panyangara, Ray Price, Tatenda Taibu (wicketkeeper), Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Sean Williams

Fusion

Global Moderator
I have a shaky feeling about this game as well. I hope we perform upto expectations and improve our NRR with this game.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This could be a close match. Zim spinners to have Pakistan's top order batsmen in trouble, only for Misbah and Afridi to bail them out.

smash84

The Tiger King
:laugh:
Bit worry about the team combination..Saeed Ajmal deserves a chance agree ?
yeah. He definitely deserves a chance. The elder Khatmal deserves a rest. The younger khatmal was again trying to feign an injury because elder brother is about to be kicked out. WTF,,,,,,,,,,,,

salman85

International Debutant
Yeah just saw that.

So i just did some small calculations.If Australia win today,and the match tomorrow is rained out,then both teams qualfiy for the QFs,and all group A matches that follow will only be for the group placings.Kenya,Zimbabwe and Canada would be eliminated tomorrow.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah just saw that.

So i just did some small calculations.If Australia win today,and the match tomorrow is rained out,then both teams qualfiy for the QFs,and all group A matches that follow will only be for the group placings.Kenya,Zimbabwe and Canada would be eliminated tomorrow.
Kenya and Canada are already out. Zimbabwe can only get through if they beat Pakistan and Kenya, and Pakistan go on to lose to Australia*. Even then it'll go down to NRR (of which Pakistan have an advantage), so they will all have to be sizeable victories.

So a rained-off match will put Pakistan through but may consign them to 3rd/4th place.

*Assuming Australia do not lose today and against Canada.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Kenya and Canada are already out. Zimbabwe can only get through if they beat Pakistan and Kenya, and Pakistan go on to lose to Australia*. Even then it'll go down to NRR (of which Pakistan have an advantage), so they will all have to be sizeable victories.

So a rained-off match will put Pakistan through but may consign them to 3rd/4th place.

*Assuming Australia do not lose today and against Canada.
having tomorrow's match is a safer bet for pakistan then......who knows what side of the bed they wake up tomorrow and end up losing to Zim

Guru#1

Cricket Spectator
i hate no results or tie :( ruins the result.

If the match does go ahead, i think zim will win cause pakistan's inconsistency will let them down

Got a question:
If pak loses against zim tomorrow and aussies. Are they not gonna be in the quaters?

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
i hate no results or tie :( ruins the result.

If the match does go ahead, i think zim will win cause pakistan's inconsistency will let them down

Got a question:
If pak loses against zim tomorrow and aussies. Are they not gonna be in the quaters?
Assuming that Zimbabwe also beat Kenya, it'll come down to net run-rate. Pakistan's net run-rate is superior to Zimbabwe's, and it is likely to stay that way unless Zimbabwe win by massive margins and/or Pakistan lose by big margins. In a nutshell Pakistan will be in the quarters, regardless of what happens in the upcoming matches. The chances of an elimination prior to the quarters are very slim and unrealistic.