• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 32 - Bangladesh v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
At the risk of being a jinx or sounding a touch arrogant...I think Shaiful and Rubel are a better pace bowling pair than any 2 of Nehra/Munaf/Sreesanth.

Rubel went up to 87.7 MPH today. That's faster than any Indian quick this WC.
The aforementioned Indian bowlers are fairly crap but the Bangladesh quicks have done nothing of any note, ever. Shaiful is more famous for the England batting cameo and owning McCullum, outside that, the guy leaks runs (career ER over 6) while Rubel is the same though less of a wicket taker. Both players have time on their side though and possibly more potential. Munaf will probably be bowling at 100kph time he is 30.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The aforementioned Indian bowlers are fairly crap but the Bangladesh quicks have done nothing of any note, ever. Shaiful is more famous for the England batting cameo and owning McCullum, outside that, the guy leaks runs (career ER over 6) while Rubel is the same though less of a wicket taker. Both players have time on their side though and possibly more potential. Munaf will probably be bowling at 100kph time he is 30.
Shafiul has a pretty awesome SR, but his economy really is incredibly bad.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Lol Rahim
Really poor form from babyface. Rahim doesn't say boo to a goose and usually bottles it under pressure for Bangladesh on countless occasions yet gives it all the big man against a lesser cricketing nation. Fortunate Kervezee didn't whack him.

cnerd123

likes this
Probably phrased it a bit wrong, but meant it as in they have more talent/potential than Nehra/Munaf/Sreesanth. Rubel's bowled quite decently this WC but his stats don't reflect it, and Shaiful has been quite impressive from his debut against England. And a pace trio of a fit Mortaza, Rubel and Shaiful will probably keep runs down better/take more wickets than a trio of Nehra/Munaf/Sreesanth.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Jonathon Trott may disagree with you on Shafiul not having done anything of any note.
I think it's easy to forget but they are both only around 20 years old and are asked to lead the attack. Mortaza is always injured and Shahadat Hossain even more inconsistent than themselves, so it's not been easy for them at the start of their careers without an experienced teammate to guide them, but they definitely have potential and have improved tremendously under Ian Pont. I think this two will be bowling for Bangladesh for many years.

Meanwhile Razzak ripping through the Dutch batsmen

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
All up to RTD now. Needs to somehow monopolise the strike and score at 4 or 5 an over for the next six or seven overs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jonathon Trott may disagree with you on Shafiul not having done anything of any note.
I think it's easy to forget but they are both only around 20 years old and are asked to lead the attack. Mortaza is always injured and Shahadat Hossain even more inconsistent than themselves, so it's not been easy for them at the start of their careers without an experienced teammate to guide them, but they definitely have potential and have improved tremendously under Ian Pont. I think this two will be bowling for Bangladesh for many years.

Meanwhile Razzak ripping through the Dutch batsmen
I liked Mahbubul Alam. What happened to him? He was capable of swinging it both ways and was fairly quick.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The Dutch have been running an awful lot of tight singles. Probably would've been all out ten overs ago if the fielders were on target.

cnerd123

likes this
No idea. I've wondered the same.

Lots of promising pace talents disappearing in BD. Looking back, the several pace prospects BD have had are Alam, Mohammed Sharif, Sajidul Islam, Syed Rasel, Dolar Mahmud, Nazmul Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Shaiful Islam, Roibul Islam...

I would have mentioned Baisya but he had a pretty full career. And Mortaza goes without saying. And there was Ferhad Reza who was more of an allrounder I believe. Also, Robiul was kinda crap, Sajidul and Dolar didn't impress much either. Shahdat, Rubel, Shaiful, Nazmul and a fit Mortaza is as solid a pace core as BD ever had.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is NRR important at all for Bangladesh QF aspirations? Are will likely to see them try and chase them down in 30 overs?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's highly unlikely to matter. If they win this and England lose their next match they're through, if they win this and beat South Africa they're through. If Windies lose their next two matches then maybe? But I honestly can't see them catching up in NRR.

cnerd123

likes this
Netherlands take the Batting PP. Reckon they should have left it for a little bit later?

BD looking to chase >160. That should be so simple. Which makes their inevitable loss that much more disappointing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seeing how the Dutch have played since really puts us conceding 292 against them into perspective.

I did entertain vagueish hopes of them doing us a favour today, but to no avail.

Sad it's come to that anyway.

EDIT: Dorothy to RtD as I type. Need a few more of them.