Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: India's 29/9 or Pakistan's 100 off the last 5 : what was more shocking ?

Banned

India's 29/9 or Pakistan's 100 off the last 5 : what was more shocking ?

Just a random thought that popped into my head.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Think Taylor's hitting was the more stunning performance myself.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

vcs
    Pakistan's was worse, because they let the psychological impact carry over to their chase, and lost it in the first 10-15 overs. At least we put it behind us and started off purposefully in the field.

Having said that, absolutely no excuse or justification for that collective fail on India's part. As I said at the time, disgraceful.

Pakistan's. It put NZ in a dominant position.

India's collapse prevented themselves from being in a dominant position, but were still very much capable of winning the match.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Just on India's collapse: twice it's happened now. Pretty much the same thing happened against us. 327 still looked a winning score, but 350 looked a bare minimum at one stage.

Other similarities too: in both instances Sachin scored a ton and him going precipitated the collapse and an opposition seamer (for Bresnan read Steyn) was inspired at the death and picked up a Michelle.

We're through the looking glass here, people.

Yeah its awful.

Worse this time, India were 8 out all out. Because Munaf and Nehra are the definition of bunnies.

yeah Pakistan 100 in 5 was shocking

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Just on India's collapse: twice it's happened now. Pretty much the same thing happened against us. 327 still looked a winning score, but 350 looked a bare minimum at one stage.

Other similarities too: in both instances Sachin scored a ton and him going precipitated the collapse and an opposition seamer (for Bresnan read Steyn) was inspired at the death and picked up a Michelle.

We're through the looking glass here, people.
    Don't forget that the chasing side, facing a final over in which double figures were needed, had to rely on their #9, a fast-scoring lower order batsman who's in the team as an orthodox spinner to hit the final runs to avoid defeat.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah its awful.

Worse this time, India were 8 out all out. Because Munaf and Nehra are the definition of bunnies.
    More evidence, surely, that Ashwin should be in the side? Regardless of tactics, Nehra has got to be miles, miles better as a bowler to make up for his batting and "fielding", and that's clearly not the case.

Would say India myself. Surely there can't have been many collapses of that sort of proportion before? I mean 9(!) wickets for 29?
    Taylor-like hitting has been seen before. Cameron White's 89* against India for example.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Would say India myself. Surely there can't have been many collapses of that sort of proportion before? I mean 9(!) wickets for 29?
    Taylor-like hitting has been seen before. Cameron White's 89* against India for example.
    Yeah I agree on that part. I only said Pakistan because India didn't let the momentum carry across the innings break.

U19 12th Man
    29/9

Pitiful performance by India's middle and lower order batsmen.

Pakistan's, because shame started right from start of 1st innings. It was not just Taylor's hitting, Kamran Akmal's poor performance adds lots of weight. Imagine how much demorolizing it was. Indian fans atleast got to see best batting display from top 3 in this WC so far and even after collapse they reached respectable target. And as usual with Graeme Smith/Zaheer Khan business, we didnt let SA momentum to carry.
    Last edited by angad; 12-03-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    It all comes down to Akhtar and Razzaq vs. Indian batting

Akhtar and Razzaq are at the end of their careers. Both have been chucking pies at the depth for the last few games. So it isn't surprising if Taylor annihilated them.

But to expect the so called strongest batting line up (barring the top three) to collapse for 29 runs is very shocking.
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 12-03-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Personally 9/29 was worse. "Strongest batting lineup in the world", home conditions, huge platform, not much pressure - and they do that?
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information