• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where we can improve

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Ashwin- Very intelligent bowler,If Ashwin was playing yesterday's match,surely Dhoni have gone for him.....in the last over

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin- Very intelligent bowler,If Ashwin was playing yesterday's match,surely Dhoni have gone for him.....in the last over
He can't be that good or he'd be playing. This "saving him for the knockout" crap is, well, crap. He won't have bowled in a match in how long? And people think he'll come in and just roll sides up by himself? Spare me.

Logic so bad, it could be from Dhoni_fan.

Last edited:

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
He can't be that good or he'd be playing. This "saving him for the knockout" crap is, well, crap. He won't have bowled in a match in how long? And people think he'll come in and just roll sides up by himself? Spare me.

Dude he is ****ing awesome........Better than Nehra

Spark

Global Moderator
The only reason I could think of that you'd want to "save someone for the knockouts" is they developed a mystery ball which when bowled on off stump, drifts to leg stump, turns like the Gatting ball, then drifts again.

Burgey

I tell you what "saving someone for the knockouts is". It's incredibly arrogant, frankly. Does it reflect India's attitude in general towards this WC?

This bloke must be some bowler (and he well may be), if he can not play for four weeks, get to a KO game cold, and get his team over the line. If he is capable of that, why wouldn't he be the first bowler you picked?

Anyway, it'll either be the greatest tactical coup since Bodyline, or it'll flop massively.

Spark

Global Moderator
I tell you what "saving someone for the knockouts is". It's incredibly arrogant, frankly. Does it reflect India's attitude in general towards this WC?

This bloke must be some bowler (and he well may be), if he can not play for four weeks, get to a KO game cold, and get his team over the line. If he is capable of that, why wouldn't he be the first bowler you picked?

Anyway, it'll either be the greatest tactical coup since Bodyline, or it'll flop massively.
It may. Something about India's mindset has me deeply skeptical - the way they approached batting in the Netherlands game, 9/29 here, there was also carelessness at the end of the England innings (one short lol) and they probably let Bangladesh get far too many in isolation.

Given the chaotic and unpredictable mix of the QFs AWS there is a real risk that they could find themselves on a very embarrassing result sooner than expected if they don't pull their heads in.

It's something that we never would have contemplated four years ago when we probably could have done so. It's just a bad attitude to take.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Burgey in form. I do agree with most of what you have too say.

Tooextracool is correct in his assessment as well. Other than Zaheer who really is there in the bowling department that the captain can turn to??? Bhajji is ok but then you still have 30 overs left. The other teams know that and they cash in.

vcs

It may. Something about India's mindset has me deeply skeptical - the way they approached batting in the Netherlands game, 9/29 here, there was also carelessness at the end of the England innings (one short lol) and they probably let Bangladesh get far too many in isolation.

Given the chaotic and unpredictable mix of the QFs AWS there is a real risk that they could find themselves on a very embarrassing result sooner than expected if they don't pull their heads in.

It's something that we never would have contemplated four years ago when we probably could have done so. It's just a bad attitude to take.
Think you guys are reading too much into all this. It's simple ineptitude and failure to execute, not calculated arrogance or anything of the sort. I doubt Dhoni's under any delusions about India's ability.. he's not deliberately taking anyone lightly or conducting experiments.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not saying it's calculated arrogance, I'm saying that India's mindset might not be as sharp as it should be - hence the ineptitude.

vcs

Yeah, it's possible. But if past results under Dhoni are any indication, I'd expect it to get sharper as the series progresses. We've drawn many Test series after starting slowly in the recent past.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

He's not being saved for the knock outs. Dhoni has just (wrongly) felt that Chawla and Nehra were better options in the last few matches.

Don't believe everything you read on CW :-O