• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Nehra

slippy888

International Captain
And not Harbajan to bowl the last over i just dont get it, Harbajan was india star performer with the ball today.

slippy888

International Captain
If south africa got 13 runs of the last over against harbajan i would say well played, but to give the ball to nehra when you know the guy has no confidence was a mug decison from ms dhoni.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah. tbh i can't comprehend why india aren't giving ashwin a game. if he ****s up, no biggie, he wont be giving >7 rpo like our 3rd pacer always does anyways. good chance of him doing well in fact. hope india were just saving him for the knockouts and he is still a part of the indian set up.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Don't care, we have seen it so many times that It does not bother anymore. I would have been upset and depressed had Bhajji bowled the last over and we had lost.

With Nehra, No. it was amusing.

angad

U19 12th Man
Why not Sachin, he has very good cricketing brain and has experience, very skillful bowler. I'm sure he can defend 13 runs.

I'm surprised there was no team meeting etc, no thought, Dhoni just handed ball to Nehra. WTF Its cricket not Diwali Bumper Lottery.

and Dhoni's annoying repetitive post match conference, He has accepted we can never improve in field. Never say Never.

Its one quality of Ricky Ponting's I admire, no matter what, his attitude is always to do best for Australia, he may seems ****y to you guys, but I miss Ponting type player on field for India. and his ****iness is way overrated, common he has 3 WCs, whereas Sangakkara's n such have nothing to show yet arrogant.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
If Harbhajan had gone for a few,people would have raped Dhoni for picking a spinner.If Nehra goes for a few,people will rape him for picking a guy with no confidence.If Sachin had bowled the last over and gone for a few,people would have raped Dhoni for picking a guy who hasn't bowled in a while.

It's all subjective.The captain can't please everyone.Just like the 2007 T20 final.The guy who bowled the final over is so irrelevant to me,i don't even remember his name.But since the move paid off,everyone thinks its great.Had the same guy cost India the match in the last over,people would have said the exact opposite.

With the options Dhoni had after the 49th over,i fully support his decision to give Nehra a bowl.However,i do agree with the fact that he got his calculations wrong and should have planned the overs in a manner where Zaheer bowls the last over.Having said that,every captain ****s up now and then.Dhoni is still a top drawer skipper.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Everyone I spoke to before that last over was bowled (people watching the game with me, mates that SMSed me right before the over, and a friend emailing me from friggin' London) immediately criticised the Nehra decision before he even bowled a ball. Check out the match thread, CW said the same thing.

Not sure why everyone is pretending like this criticism is hindsight.

salman85

International Debutant
Because it's a calculation error from Dhoni.Even if it's not a calculation error,had the move paid off,people would be jerking off to Dhoni posters in their washrooms.But since it did not,people will castigate him.

What would people have said had Bhaji bowled the over and gotten hit around?I remember people slamming Afridi for bowling Ajmal in the last over against Australia in the T20 semifinal,forgetting the fact that had the move paid off,people would say the exact opposite things.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If Harbhajan had gone for a few,people would have raped Dhoni for picking a spinner.If Nehra goes for a few,people will rape him for picking a guy with no confidence.If Sachin had bowled the last over and gone for a few,people would have raped Dhoni for picking a guy who hasn't bowled in a while.

It's all subjective.The captain can't please everyone.Just like the 2007 T20 final.The guy who bowled the final over is so irrelevant to me,i don't even remember his name.But since the move paid off,everyone thinks its great.Had the same guy cost India the match in the last over,people would have said the exact opposite.

With the options Dhoni had after the 49th over,i fully support his decision to give Nehra a bowl.However,i do agree with the fact that he got his calculations wrong and should have planned the overs in a manner where Zaheer bowls the last over.Having said that,every captain ****s up now and then.Dhoni is still a top drawer skipper.

Is anyone troubled at the excessive use of the r*** word in this post ?

And I may be hallucinating here but it seems that our neighbors in general seem to use this word a lot in such grand situation. Obviously, do not want to offend anyone.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Everyone I spoke to before that last over was bowled (people watching the game with me, mates that SMSed me right before the over, and a friend emailing me from friggin' London) immediately criticised the Nehra decision before he even bowled a ball. Check out the match thread, CW said the same thing.

Not sure why everyone is pretending like this criticism is hindsight.
My twitter feed :

Pre over - India really shouldn't lose from here.
Last tweet was made before finding out Nehra was bowling..

Post over - Nehrahahahahahahahaha #cricket

:p

smash84

The Tiger King

Awta

Is anyone troubled at the excessive use of the r*** word in this post ?

And I may be hallucinating here but it seems that our neighbors in general seem to use this word a lot in such grand situation. Obviously, do not want to offend anyone.
TBH our neighbors to the east are much more well known for using swear words.

Daemon

Because it's a calculation error from Dhoni.Even if it's not a calculation error,had the move paid off,people would be jerking off to Dhoni posters in their washrooms.But since it did not,people will castigate him.

What would people have said had Bhaji bowled the over and gotten hit around?I remember people slamming Afridi for bowling Ajmal in the last over against Australia in the T20 semifinal,forgetting the fact that had the move paid off,people would say the exact opposite things.
If Nehra managed to defend it, and I only speak for myself, I would praise him depending on how he bowled that last over, or just be happy that we were lucky. If people want to jack off to Dhoni posters based on decisions that he makes on a hunch, they need to wake up and accept the fact that these decisions can also backfire. Never been a fan of 'extraordinary' decisions based on instincts. They may work or they may not. Not to be used unless its a hopeless situation imo.

slippy888

International Captain
Some people are saying Harbajan was to scared to bowl the last over i dont know what to believe anymore.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There is no way in hell Bhajji would have turned down that over.

He's a lot of things Harbhajan, but he's not one to shy away from trying to win the match.

vcs

Haha yeah. Was so awesome to lipread Kohli (screamed the BC word in Hindi :ph34r:) when he caught ABdeV and Harbhajan's usual eye-popping, fistpumping celebration. :p Don't think he'd turn down that responsibility.

Blaze 18

Banned
Haha yeah. Was so awesome to lipread Kohli (screamed the BC word in Hindi :ph34r:) when he caught ABdeV and Harbhajan's usual eye-popping, fistpumping celebration. :p Don't think he'd turn down that responsibility.
Didn't Kohli say the MC word ?

vcs

Looked like just two syllables to me. It feels like the more appropriate one for the situation, as well. :ph34r:

Last edited: