• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 31 - Australia v Kenya

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Clarke back in touch, one of my favourites. Not watching this, but seems to be rotating the strike and using his feet well to the spinners.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It says a lot about the tremendous significance of this match that I'm hoping Clarke gets out soon so he doesn't **** with my bets that rely on Watson topping the scoring in the tournament for Australia.

Spark

Global Moderator
It says a lot about the tremendous significance of this match that I'm hoping Clarke gets out soon so he doesn't **** with my bets that rely on Watson topping the scoring in the tournament for Australia.
He's a long way behind though isn't he?

Watson has about 160ish runs thus far, Clarke has about 110. Hmm, maybe not as far behind as I thought. Think he'll comfortably win it though.

Love Kenya's appealing. They really put their heart into it.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Yes they've been allowed to build an exceptionally comfortable partnership with very low risk strokeplay at a decent rate. Powerplay now taken with two good batsmen set, could be carnage here. Pitch taking spin, but Kenya's slow bowlers really struggled hitting the right areas consistently.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes they've been allowed to build an exceptionally comfortable partnership with very low risk strokeplay at a decent rate. Powerplay now taken with two good batsmen set, could be carnage here. Pitch taking spin, but Kenya's slow bowlers really struggled hitting the right areas consistently.
Yeah doesn't quite matter how the pitch is playing when you keep bowling knee high full tosses looped up at 80kmh

Haha, don't think they care about the PP at all

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seems incredible Hussey was ever left out. Especially given all the games Paine & Ferguson have played so far...

Makes it look effortless, poo bowling notwithstanding.

vcs

Looks a much different player to the one that scratched and prodded around against England.
Clarke seems like one of those players who looks very, very bad at the crease when he's not confident. He looked terrible in the Ashes and a few months prior to that TBH. Maybe the back was bothering him. Needs to find a way to cut out these slumps from his career.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I really do think Hussey is the best lower order ODI batsman in the world, possibly the second best of all time after Bevan. There's other guys who can hit the long ball but he's just such a flexible player. Who knows what he could have done with a longer career.

It was a clueless move to leave him out if he was any chance of playing in the later stages.

vcs

Kenyan bowlers have decent raw skills, but they're sooo directionless and amateurish.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I really do think Hussey is the best lower order ODI batsman in the world, possibly the second best of all time after Bevan. There's other guys who can hit the long ball but he's just such a flexible player. Who knows what he could have done with a longer career.

It was a clueless move to leave him out if he was any chance of playing in the later stages.
Yeah agreed. A lot of these lower order players have flattering averages but not Hussey.

vcs

Seems almost ludicrous that Australia basically won a World Cup without even needing his services at any stage. A guy as good as that, and his team didn't even need him to win the biggest ODI tournament. :laugh: