• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
India v South Africa
Sat Mar 12

Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

India Squad

MS Dhoni, (captain/keeper), Virender Sehwag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Virat Kohli, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Sreesanth, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh

South Africa Squad

Graeme Smith (captain), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, AB de Villiers (wicketkeeper), Jean-Paul Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, Colin Ingram, Jacques Kallis, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Robin Peterson, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Morne van Wyk (wicketkeeper)

salman85

International Debutant
Runs galore.

Hopefully India can knock SA over.Boy,will the choke be on breaking point in SA's next two tricky games against Ireland and Bangladesh or what.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That one run loss was epic but I feel the luck might have been used up then. Should be an awesome game, albeit pretty meaningless since India already have enough points to qualify and SA will qualify without a problem either.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
That one run loss was epic but I feel the luck might have been used up then. Should be an awesome game, albeit pretty meaningless since India already have enough points to qualify and SA will qualify without a problem either.
I don't think it's meaningless. Both teams will be fighting for top spot for two reasons:

1) Face a potentially weaker opponent in the quarters.
2) In the event that a KO game is rained out, the team with more points will advance, IIRC.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't think it's meaningless. Both teams will be fighting for top spot for two reasons:

1) Face a potentially weaker opponent in the quarters.
2) In the event that a KO game is rained out, the team with more points will advance, IIRC.
Oh didn't know about the rain rule...........

India should win this easily after SA showed what they are capable of against England.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Oh didn't know about the rain rule...........

India should win this easily after SA showed what they are capable of against England.
Easily? That lose does not mean they are gonna play the same way next game too. And England struggled to beat them. Nothing is easy against SA. India will have to play out of their skins to beat them.

smash84

The Tiger King
we'll see about that......India in SA almost managed to snatch the series with many of their key players missing. I don't see them faltering too much at home

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Without doubt our biggest test so far this match will tell us who gets top spot.

South Africa have shown themselves to crumble when the pressure is on as they did in their last match against England, but they are a quality side and I fully expect them to hard at us.

If we execute our skills and play to our potential then we will win, but I am expecting a very stern test, we saw earlier this year that if we are not at our best against them we will come unstuck.