• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Um what's the difference when you take it? If you wait you're taking a risk that the batsmen might be new or you may not have many wickets left. Righ now, the reason you are doing well is cause of the PP so why not keep it going? Why risk your momentum by not being able to hit boundaries?
Hmm, I'd take it with the newish ball personally.

kingkallis

International Coach
Hope Yuvraj and Pathan can keep this slaughtering going.

SAF deserve this for losing that game against England! :D

Woodster

International Captain
Not a particularly nice shot that brought Sehwag's dismissal. He was always unlikely to be content just milking the deliveries for a period, instead he tried making room to cut through the offside to a ball missing leg stump. Very entertaining as ever though Sehwag and has set his team up very nicely here.

Woodster

International Captain
Hmm, I'd take it with the newish ball personally.
Personally don't see at that stage that they're going to be in any better situation to take the powerplay than they were after 15 overs, in my eyes it can only be a worse situation. Unless of course Yusuf and Dhoni are set. Yes you have the re-conditioned ball, but after 15 India had Tendulkar and Sehwag basically putting the ball wherever they wanted, a SA attack looking very down on themselves and bereft of any ideas how to remove either of them or to even slow them down.

Teams seem to make plans to take the powerplay around a certain period, ie the 34 over stage, and not be flexible enough to change plans when the situation dictates.

kingkallis

International Coach
Dont want an easy win for the Aussies in the QF so thats why I want Ireland ahead of England and Bangladesh :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Morne van Wyk.

I am trying to work out whether he is a batter who keeps (but bats at eight) or an out-and-out keeper who's just not very good.

Either way, his selection doesn't seem to make very much sense.