View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

10 58.82%
  • South Africa

7 41.18%
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RI0N View Post
    Burgey, from 267/1 to 296 ao. Nine wickets lost for the addition of 29 runs. 9/29.
    As if that wasn't enough pain for the fans, Dhoni decides Nehra should bowl the last over. After that, Indian fans must feel like an old sock.
    lol. Don't blame 'em for the post match blues.
    That's why I'm loving it!
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Well Dhoni did gave last over to nehra against Sl when we were defending 414!!!!

No one wud be blaming Dhoni if nehra did it right........It's not Dhoni's fault at all.......A off spinner may get deposited at that time.......It's our batsman failure who didn't put enuf runs on the board.....
    I know whoever you give the ball to, it can go either way. But the point is, you try and make the most rational decision at the time.. Nehra has not bowled well and Bhajji has.. Sometimes such simple things are the way to win games...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    And to think that Wayne Parnell considers Nehra to be his idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    The definition of a "tactical review".
    haha.....yeah good one

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    I really think Kallis almost cost them this one with his batting against blokes like Yusuf and Yuvi.. He should have taken to them, tbh.. Him and Amla.. AB saved the day and he won't be able to, everytime...
    I think that Kallis and Amla did a good job by conserving wickets. I think that as the day wore on the wicket became slower and it for more difficult to bat on.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    Well Dhoni did gave last over to nehra against Sl when we were defending 414!!!!

No one wud be blaming Dhoni if nehra did it right........It's not Dhoni's fault at all.......A off spinner may get deposited at that time.......It's our batsman failure who didn't put enuf runs on the board.....
    True. Had Bhajji gone for 2 or 3 sixes in the over then everybody would have said what is the point of giving the ball to a spinner in the final over??? You don't want the batsman to have so much time to pick his areas in the last over. Poor Dhoni.......And I do think that the final overs should be bowled by fast bowlers. It is tougher to get them away when batsmen are slogging. Hell I have seen Saqalin going for a few in the final over of the innings (remember a match against India in Karachi. Rajesh Chauhan slammed him for a 6 in the final over) and for a long time Saqlain was the best ODI spinner in the world. Bowled tremendously well with Wasim at the other end.
    Last edited by smalishah84; 13-03-2011 at 12:54 AM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

While I can see the merit in going for him, it then becomes the question of a lack of clear thought processes as it looks to me as it was a decision made at the last minute. Dhoni should have been planning who to take the last over a bit in advance, to get Nehra ready.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

State Vice-Captain
    India choked

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    India choked
    RSA deserve one gifted, tbf...

Banned
    I'm sure you'll see a more sensible approach from the Indian batsmen in the next game. Our bowling problems are nothing new; we'll just have to make the best of what we have. Zaheer, Harbhajan and Munaf (to an extent) are doing okay. The part-timers, Yuvraj and Yusuf, haven't done badly either. It's the fourth regular bowler that's been a problem. Sreesanth, Nehra and Chawla have all bombed. Maybe it's time to give Ashwin a go. He can't do much worse, surely.

The one good thing to come out of yesterday's game is that the chances of us facing Pakistan in the quarters are now minimal. Unless we screw up against West Indies, we won't be facing Australia either. That isn't to say New Zealand and Sri Lanka can't beat us; they can. Just not as likely as Australia or Pakistan.

Dhoni is a ****ing idiot. Bowling an off spinner to a left hand bat who is just in seems like the most logical thing to do. Instead gave the ball to Ashish ****ing Nehra. ****! ****! ****!

I have to pay 100 dollars to my bro now.

I would really not like to face SL in the quarters...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I would really not like to face SL in the quarters...

I'd rather face them than Australia or Pakistan to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    I'd rather face them than Australia or Pakistan to be honest.
    India shouldn't worry facing Pakistan in a WC match. They seem to have the wood over them tbh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    India shouldn't worry facing Pakistan in a WC match. They seem to have the wood over them tbh.
    Well if past records are what we are going to bank on, then India might as well forget about winning the World Cup - no host nation has won so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Well if past records are what we are going to bank on, then India might as well forget about winning the World Cup - no host nation has won so far.
    To be fair that's a stat weighted by Aussies mostly not hosting it and England mostly doing so.

Besides, Sri Lanka in '96?
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Don't really think it was Dhoni's fault to give Nehra the final over. Surely he would have been criticized it bhajji was given the ball and was smacked for 2 sixes. Having a fast man was the better choice logically. That said, it was simply foolish to bowl length in the final overs. Nehra should have bowled those yorkers. Munaf is guilty of it as well. Only thing Munaf has in the final overs is the slower ball. Hardly seen him bowling yorkers. That led to India's downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Prad100w View Post
    Don't really think it was Dhoni's fault to give Nehra the final over. Surely he would have been criticized it bhajji was given the ball and was smacked for 2 sixes. Having a fast man was the better choice logically. That said, it was simply foolish to bowl length in the final overs. Nehra should have bowled those yorkers. Munaf is guilty of it as well. Only thing Munaf has in the final overs is the slower ball. Hardly seen him bowling yorkers. That led to India's downfall.
    that is what harsha bhogle thought too in his post match analysis

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread Information