• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Morne van Akmal.

That's the 5th time Sehwag's hit a first ball four, hasn't he? Tone setting indeed.

Steyn :blink:

salman85

International Debutant
Kind of shows that Steyn,despite being a top drawer bowler,will struggle when you go after him.Maybe teams should do that in test matches too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Kind of shows that Steyn,despite being a top drawer bowler,will struggle when you go after him.Maybe teams should do that in test matches too.
Nah. It's like with Anderson - test and ODI bowling do not necessarily carry over.

---

WTF? How was that not given - more importantly, how was it not referred?

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Steyn is miles ahead of Anderson.But still,.Someone with such a phenomenal test record,has a seriously average ODI record.You expect it to be good atleast.

Or maybe just isn't as good as he is made out to be?Just saying.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
This post suggests you've barely seen Steyn bowl.
Nah.It only suggests that Steyn is an ok ODI bowler.He's amazing in the other format.

The part on whether or not he is as good as he is made out to be,was just just something i asked from someone who might have followed him more than i have,and not necessarily something i agreed or disagreed with.

Spark

Global Moderator
Most people are in agreement here that Steyn is an average ODI bowler. Unrelated for the most part to his bowling in tests.

cnerd123

likes this
I think Steyn, like Anderson, is just somewhat lose when bowling in ODIs. Doesn't fit their natural game, it seems like they can't figure out if they should be trying to take wickets every ball or bowling line and length over and over. *shrug*

Maybe Steyn and Anderson are just easier to hit with the white ball.

Morkel 3 overs for 22. Wow. Viru on fire.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
As long as Australia beat Pakistan, NZ won't be finishing last in Group A.

So, gooooooooooooooo India!!!!