• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Someone should tell them it's very easy to say things in hindsight.
Around 5-8 people in this thread called "wtf?" when Nehra was given the ball, well before he even bowled the first ball.

How about Munaf and Zaheer telling him what to do before he even bowled it? The lack of faith in him was :laugh:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
From our two games against SA and England I am not confident that this Indian bowling can defend anything below 300.

From our two rather shaky chases against Ireland and Netherlands I am not convinced this Indian batting can chase anything above 250 in a knock-out game against a good side.

This doesn't leave a lot of room to win three big games.:dry:
You nailed it. There is extremely low chance of India going past QF. If they do make it in semis then I am sure they will fail.

It really pains me to say this, but India aint winning this world cup.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah because there was only one reason for the loss? No one is defending India's batting.

India failed in multiple areas. Each one of them should be criticised.

13 year old fat fellas sitting and watching the match knew before that last over was bowled that bowling a fast bowler on that track, let alone Nehra, was an awful decision.

I wonder how many french cuts for 4 would have come off Harbhajan's bowling :dry:
Well, that reason dwarfs everything else IMO. Elephant sitting in the room.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How is it an elephant when there are like 5-6 pages criticising India's batting in this thread?

salman85

International Debutant
Like i said in another thread,Dhoni got his calculations wrong.

Had the Nehra move paid off,no one would be complaining.But since it didnt,everyone is slamming Dhoni.The captain can't please everyone.He made a calculation error by not planning the overs in a manner where Zaheer bowls the last one,but it happens to the best of us.Dhoni is still a fantastic captain.The best India have had in a long time.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Turb will have a point when he makes it once in a while, but to make this sort of point every single thread against every opponent is tiring and no wonder it riles up many fans.

What makes anyone guarantee an Indian win against WI ? WI bundled BD out for 50 some, BD scored close to 300 against us. We have struggled against the other minnows as well. In fact, we are easily the 2nd worst team against the minnows in this series after England.

This may be a different team, but the bowling is pretty much same if not worse.
Oh yeah because you're a little angel and get along with all the posters don't you? Open your eyes, Sanz. 8-)

Daemon

:laugh:

Our media is having a field day. Someone should tell them it's very easy to say things in hindsight. I thought India fielded and bowled okay today (aside from maybe Nehra). We've just got to acknowledge that South Africa played better and deserved to win today. A loss doesn't always have to be a result of one team playing badly. Yeah India made a few mistakes which I am sure they'll learn from. So yeah, well done South Africa and congrats to our South African posters here. India - don't worry, we're still behind you.

A word on Tendulkar - you've got to feel for the man. The man batted and fielded brilliantly today, but instead fans and media alike would rather talk about how yet another Tendulkar century came in a losing cause.
Awta completely. And I don't think Munaf did too badly actually. Did poorly with his limited ability on such a pitch, but at least he picked up 2 wickets.

salman85

International Debutant
:laugh:

Our media is having a field day. Someone should tell them it's very easy to say things in hindsight. I thought India fielded and bowled okay today (aside from maybe Nehra). We've just got to acknowledge that South Africa played better and deserved to win today. A loss doesn't always have to be a result of one team playing badly. Yeah India made a few mistakes which I am sure they'll learn from. So yeah, well done South Africa and congrats to our South African posters here. India - don't worry, we're still behind you.

A word on Tendulkar - you've got to feel for the man. The man batted and fielded brilliantly today, but instead fans and media alike would rather talk about how yet another Tendulkar century came in a losing caus
e.
I mean no disrespect to Sachin,but it is exactly innings and scenarios like these that make people put a question mark over his status as a finisher.He isn't really up there with the Waugh and Inzamam level of finishing matches IMO..The man did his best today,and everyone else let his efforts go to vain.And Sure,India was batting first today,but i'm just saying.Matches like these give people more reasons to doubt his credentials as a finisher,and the sad part is that he can;t even do anything about it.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Like i said in another thread,Dhoni got his calculations wrong.

Had the Nehra move paid off,no one would be complaining.But since it didnt,everyone is slamming Dhoni.The captain can't please everyone.He made a calculation error by not planning the overs in a manner where Zaheer bowls the last one,but it happens to the best of us.Dhoni is still a fantastic captain.The best India have had in a long time.
It is not captain's job to please anyone. His job is to make the best decision. In this case he didn't and he is being criticized for it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Ponting or Strauss had made that decision they would have been absolutely mauled for it. Dhoni should face the same thing.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
I mean no disrespect to Sachin,but it is exactly innings and scenarios like these that make people put a question mark over his status as a finisher.He isn't really up there with the Waugh and Inzamam level of finishing matches IMO..The man did his best today,and everyone else let his efforts go to vain.And Sure,India was batting first today,but i'm just saying.Matches like these give people more reasons to doubt his credentials as a finisher,and the sad part is that he can;t even do anything about it.
HE dont have to take the finisher role...HE is a opening batsman whereas Waugh's and Inzamam's are at 2 down or 3 down......

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeah because you're a little angel and get along with all the posters don't you? Open your eyes, Sanz. 8-)
Instead of attacking me, why don't you address the points made in this thread, which is :-

a. What evidence have you seen that allows you to make a prediction like India will win against WI ?
b. What evidence have you seen that makes you think India have a better chance of winning Pak/NZ as opposed to Aus/SL ?

vcs

How is it an elephant when there are like 5-6 pages criticising India's batting in this thread?
I can recollect several instances in the last year alone where teams with tailenders have finished chases when they needed 20 runs off 2 overs (or similar). Honestly, it's just a couple of swings away. It can go your way, or it might not. Obviously, it would be nice if your main bowler didn't bowl ****ing length balls in the 50th over :dry:, but you take the rough with the smooth. We won from similar circumstances against Pakistan in the Asia Cup and Shoaib ****ing Akhtar was bowling the last over to Bhajji. Even Bangladesh scored 58 with their 9th wicket partnership yesterday. Bhajji and Zaheer did it in SA recently, though the RR was comfortable on that occasion. SL had an epic 9th wicket partnership between Malinga and Mathews when they beat Australia.

I honestly cannot recall another instance where such a magnificent batting display upto 40 overs has been so utterly ruined in the last 10.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Except what bowling selection errors did England and Pakistan make in those losses? Bresnan was bowling well, then got tonked vs. Bangladesh. Not much Strauss can do. You back Akhtar to bowl Harbhajan out. It didn't happen.

This was a tactical error. I don't know why you want to brush over it.

Anyway I'll leave it at that.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It is not captain's job to please anyone. His job is to make the best decision. In this case he didn't and he is being criticized for it.
And the reason I don't get along with most is because I can't keep my mouth shut when I see something that is annoying or hypocritical.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Conclusion:

India cannot defend a total of less than 350.
India cannot chase a total of more than 250. Proven in the games against minnows!!!!! They had a hard time chasing 189 and 207.

Last edited: