• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni: horrible captaincy in the third test vs. South Africa preventing a record victory and now this.

wac

He also admitted India will never be good fielders. Awesome attitude man.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So no credit to Dhoni's captaincy (getting Harbhajan to bowl the last over of the batting powerplay where he got AB's wicket), keeping (runout, stumping) and good field placements and bowling changes in the first 15 overs, which kept us in it in the first place? The way Peterson was swinging for the fences, Harbhajan might have gone the distance as well.

The major fail was at the end of our innings. We were close to 50 runs ahead of SA upto the 35th over or so. 50 runs! That is a huge margin and an epic fail to end up with 296. Nothing else should be blamed for this loss. Yeah, Nehra and Munaf are poo but we don't have any better in reserve, so we've just got to deal with it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I've always sympathized with Nehra,but he's just not good enough to cut it at the highest level.I still love the guy however.
Mere sympathies don't work. We want to exchange Nehra with Gul. Remember in addition to his ability to bowl, he also is a great fielder and can be pretty handy with the bat.

Thus providing the much needed solidity in the lower order for Team Pakistan.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Last time India beat a Non-Minnow team was 8 years ago on 14th march 2003. That was 8 years ago, It is ridiculous for certain Indian fans to make some of those stupid claims that are being made in this thread.
Wow, way to misrepresent data. You say 8 years and make it sound as if they've been playing day in day out for the last 8 years. A WC happens every 4 years.

Massive overreaction here by you Sanz. This is a completely different team than the one 4 years ago. Completely different scenario, completely different WC. We've played 2 frickin' games. One we tied, the other we lost.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes we do have a better reserve. An extra spin bowler on that track and we win.

Also Dhoni's decision to bowl Munaf in the 48th over was also horrible. Had Zaheer bowled a 3-4 run over then it'd have been all over. Particularly if Harbhajan had been bowled out.

You'd expect a captain to make a good decision during a match. Listing some good decisions he made isn't going to suddenly turn him into a good tactical captain. He's not one. End of.

Quaggas

State Captain
So no credit to Dhoni's captaincy (getting Harbhajan to bowl the last over of the batting powerplay where he got AB's wicket), keeping (runout, stumping) and good field placements and bowling changes in the first 15 overs, which kept us in it in the first place? The way Peterson was swinging for the fences, Harbhajan might have gone the distance as well.

The major fail was at the end of our innings. We were close to 50 runs ahead of SA upto the 35th over or so. 50 runs! That is a huge margin and an epic fail to end up with 296. Nothing else should be blamed for this loss. Yeah, Nehra and Munaf are poo but we don't have any better in reserve, so we've just got to deal with it.
Yeah, this, the fuming's a little excessive.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
No hate Indian fans but you should remember 1 thing: your team always get ahead of themselves...AlWAYS. Then **** gets real and they end up with the proverbial egg on the proverbial face.Lettuce be reality tv, some players thought 400 plus was on the cards after 25 overs.
The Greeks call it hubris.That was the downfall of the indian team today. Oh and the Nehra decision.
Awesome day atop Lion's Head and then come home to see my beloved SA winning.
Get in there lads. For 40 overs you guise were under pressure but you showed character today for the remaining 60.
Get in there...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The way Peterson was swinging for the fences, Harbhajan might have gone the distance as well.
But at least we would have known that we put our best available bowler there. In Nehra, we did not.

Daemon

Last time India beat a Non-Minnow team was 8 years ago on 14th march 2003. That was 8 years ago, It is ridiculous for certain Indian fans to make some of those stupid claims that are being made in this thread.
I've agreed with you up till this point but honestly this is a pretty different Indian side, and you can't really compare across world cups. India's performances in the series' leading up to this has been pretty good as well so Turb has a point.

Dissector

International Debutant
From our two games against SA and England I am not confident that this Indian bowling can defend anything below 300.

From our two rather shaky chases against Ireland and Netherlands I am not convinced this Indian batting can chase anything above 250 in a knock-out game against a good side.

This doesn't leave a lot of room to win three big games.:dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah because there was only one reason for the loss? No one is defending India's batting.

India failed in multiple areas. Each one of them should be criticised.

13 year old fat fellas sitting and watching the match knew before that last over was bowled that bowling a fast bowler on that track, let alone Nehra, was an awful decision.

I wonder how many french cuts for 4 would have come off Harbhajan's bowling :dry:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I am pissed. Really pissed. I got up at 4 AM to watch this match....4AM. So so so disappointed. I will skip the INDIA vs. WI match.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
There is no doubt that Dhoni will play Ashwin in the next game. And I much rather have him in the team than the third pace bowler.

vcs

****ing hell, we wasted 8 balls of our innings, after losing our 2nd wicket in the 40th over. Still can't get my head around ineptitude of that order.

Anyway, I'll remember this game for the orgasmic batting by Sachin-Viru in the first 15. Tendulkar + Sehwag on song = batting paradise.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No hate Indian fans but you should remember 1 thing: your team always get ahead of themselves...AlWAYS. Then **** gets real and they end up with the proverbial egg on the proverbial face.
You did the same thing vs. England

Blaze 18

Banned
:laugh:

Our media is having a field day. Someone should tell them it's very easy to say things in hindsight. I thought India fielded and bowled okay today (aside from maybe Nehra). We've just got to acknowledge that South Africa played better and deserved to win today. A loss doesn't always have to be a result of one team playing badly. Yeah India made a few mistakes which I am sure they'll learn from. So yeah, well done South Africa and congrats to our South African posters here. India - don't worry, we're still behind you.

A word on Tendulkar - you've got to feel for the man. The man batted and fielded brilliantly today, but instead fans and media alike would rather talk about how yet another Tendulkar century came in a losing cause.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah because there was only one reason for the loss? No one is defending India's batting.

India failed in multiple areas. Each one of them should be criticised.

13 year old fat fellas sitting and watching the match knew before that last over was bowled that bowling a fast bowler on that track, let alone Nehra, was an awful decision.

I wonder how many french cuts for 4 would have come off Harbhajan's bowling :dry:
:laugh:!

That made me feel a bit better, and less cranky :p

Daemon

I think everyone here blames the batsmen mainly for the 29-9. But stuff like that cannot be directly controlled while things like deciding who to bowl the final over in a game can. Unfortunately thats where Dhoni ****ed up big time. Not saying we would have won if Bhaj bowled, but giving Nehra the ball was honestly a terrible decision which probably made people facepalm all over the world even before the first ball was bowled. Agree with you somewhat on Dhoni not receiving credit for the rest of the decisions though.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I've agreed with you up till this point but honestly this is a pretty different Indian side, and you can't really compare across world cups. India's performances in the series' leading up to this has been pretty good as well so Turb has a point.
Turb will have a point when he makes it once in a while, but to make this sort of point every single thread against every opponent is tiring and no wonder it riles up many fans.

What makes anyone guarantee an Indian win against WI ? WI bundled BD out for 50 some, BD scored close to 300 against us. We have struggled against the other minnows as well. In fact, we are easily the 2nd worst team against the minnows in this series after England.

This may be a different team, but the bowling is pretty much same if not worse.