• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
That 3 seamer decision is looking worse now.

India needed Ashwin or even Chawla for this match.

I mean WOW........ what a collapse. This team has zero chances of making past the quarter finals. Absolutely dire.

Woodster

International Captain
Absolute brainless batting and incompetence mean India have not even made 300, after being 267-1 with more than 10 overs to go!!Unbelieveable, and must make SA the favourites, but you never know.

Teams complete lack of nous during the batting powerplays remains. As many posters have pointed out before, there is no need to hit every ball in the air and try and get it to the boundary, proper cricket shots will reap the same rewards but with much less risk of giving your wicket away.

Credit also to SA, they re-grouped after a wretched start and turned this game around.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean India had a great chance to really stamp their authority not just on the match, but on the whole tournament. Don't think Ponting or Sangakkara are quaking in their boots now after seeing that display, somehow.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
That 3 seamer decision is looking worse now.

India needed Ashwin or even Chawla for this match.

I mean WOW........ what a collapse. This team has zero chances of making past the quarter finals. Absolutely dire.
Game is not over yet. 296 is fair enough score. Yes SA looks good now with the collapse and should chase this score down comfortably with the Indian bowling attack. But anything can happen just like how it happened to India.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Come on guyzz if Gambhir had not played like slowpokey we easily have scored more
shut the f up. He did his job fine. It's just that Sachin and Gambhir got out at wrong time. The other batsmen completely failed.

There is no way India wins this match. No way. The last 10 overs will haunt the indian team going into bowling/fielding.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Come on guyzz if Gambhir had not played like slowpokey we easily have scored more
So true. Chappelli is totally right and he needs to be dropped in favor of Raina ASAP.

We should have been 367/1 instead of 267/1 after 39...then we could have had 396 instead of 296. Down with Gambhir.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm aware that it's the Indian attack, but I'm also aware that scoreboard pressure does funny things, and this is South Africa we are talking about.

There is no such thing as certainty (unless you are backing Asif to no-ball).
Thing is though... 296 nowadays isn't that big. It's big, but it's not scary big.

And now the comments about Gambhir's strike rate seem so so so impossibly minor in context. Definitely took a bit too long to get settled, but he scored more than double what the batsmen from #4 to #11 did put together in acceptable time, all up.

I mean even India win this match on the back of some Harbhajan magic, they haven't done jot to make dissuade me from my fast-forming opinion that they're undeserving favourites.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I mean India had a great chance to really stamp their authority not just on the match, but on the whole tournament. Don't think Ponting or Sangakkara are quaking in their boots now after seeing that display, somehow.
They might see South Africa's ability to buckle down even when the game should have been totally taken away from them as a pretty scary sign.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
shut the f up. He did his job fine. It's just that Sachin and Gambhir got out at wrong time. The other batsmen completely failed.

There is no way India wins this match. No way. The last 10 overs will haunt the indian team going into bowling/fielding.
DUDE THIS IS NOT THE PITCH WHERE U SCORE 64 OF 70 BALLS..........He build pressure on our batsman..made the RR to come down...Total crap...I know he is a good player in time of crysis,when u are at 141/1 why not send yuvraj...can rotate strike and score boundaries......

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
The average score on this pitch is 316!

I rest my case.

Frankly speaking I don't think India deserves to go past QF.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
They might see South Africa's ability to buckle down even when the game should have been totally taken away from them as a pretty scary sign.
Was only referring to India tbf.

DUDE THIS IS NOT THE PITCH WHERE U SCORE 64 OF 70 BALLS..........He build pressure on our batsman..made the RR to come down...Total crap...I know he is a good player in time of crysis,when u are at 141/1 why not send yuvraj...can rotate strike and score boundaries......
64 off 70 ffs. That's not bad at all. God SR makes people lose their minds at times. Blame the guys who had plenty of time to score some runs but didn't.

Last edited: