• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus, that ragged square from RP. Chawla will be rubbing his hands, oh, wait...

This post in no way influenced by my selecting him for my dream team. :unsure:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Think SA will be fancying chasing down any total India get from here. They squandered a great platform again just like they did against England.

angad

U19 12th Man
Haha what Arun Lol has now to say about PowerPlay? He keeps on ranting PP should be mandatory before 40th over. India collapsed twice in WC due to PP, platform was set for 360-370 against England too.

Problem is Sachin is proper batsmen plus he is in late 30s, India should avoid taking PP as long as Sachin is on crease in late overs, its too hot in middle, Even youngsters stamina will be tested.

IMO drop Gambhir, play Kohli at 3. Raina at 5 to take advantage of PPs. Raina is also better fielder than Gambhir. India needs Ponting type no.3 player who can humilate opposition after good start from openers. Given recent form, Kohli is right man for job. Gambhir is not same Gambhir when he comes at 3. Play him as opener in case of regular openers injury.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There was still plenty of time for Pathan to play himself in FFS. It wasn't like he HAD to slog from ball, could have taken an over or two to get set.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
We are screwed now for sure. Powerplay finished Sachin and Gambhir's innings. Yusuf, Yuvraj and Kohli all failed miserably in contributing in any form. I have been very disappointed with Kohli's performance in last three games. Yusuf is very inconsistent. Yuvraj against bigger teams doesn't do all that good. Dhoni is no longer the batsman I admired. I think its time for Dhoni to bring Raina in the next match. I seriously do feel he might contribute much more on subcontinent pitch.

Now......bhajji out. There is no way in hell our bowlers and fielders can defend this total on such a flat pitch with dew to make things worse.

Disappointing performance by India.

Spark

Global Moderator
There was still plenty of time for Pathan to play himself in FFS. It wasn't like he HAD to slog from ball, could have taken an over or two to get set.
But that's the effect the PP has, and frankly, Pathan doesn't look the most cerebral batsman to me.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Gave momentum right back to SA. They were eyeing 350 at one stage if not more. Its just piss poor batting that made this possible. Now suffer with the ball.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
wow....................zaheer out.

This sucks. I bet deep down all other teams are laughing.

India will lose this match 101%.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm so done watching this haha. So ridiculous that they probably won't finish out the overs after being in the position they were in.