• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Curator - Flat pitch for RSA vs India

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's hardly news. 99% of the ODIs are played on flat wickets nowadays. It's what the public wants.

Besides, trying to make bowler friendly tracks often results in one side getting a lopsided benefit based on how the toss goes. I'd rather see a high-scoring game on a road than one decided by the toss.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
It does show how defensive India is. I really hope that when the two teams play there is a cloud cover :laugh: Steyn will slaughter them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Newsflash: flat pitch prepared for an ODI. BCCI on the defensive. Wanderer's curator declines to comment on this gross display of unfair play.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan has produced more roads than any country in the last decade.

salman85

International Debutant
Don't really see a problem this.Every team has the right to prepare a pitch according to it's strength,and the BCCI is doing the same.This is what home advantage is all about.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
According to the Times of India, an Indian curator has prepared a flat pitch for the match between South Africa and India

I didn't expect anything different from BCCI.

India (Ind) vs South Africa (SA): India-South Africa tie to be high-scoring, says VCA curator
I don't think BCCI is a good organization but this is really not something they should be criticized for. This is what happens when you read first line and decided to make a silly thread.

"Basically, it's a sporting wicket which offers equal help to batsmen and bowlers. But because of high temperature, the top layer of grass has dried out. The dryness of grass might negate the early movement of the new ball. The flat surface will surely benefit the batters,"

And let's not forget the SAffie batting line up of Smith, Amla, Kallis, AB and Duminy. I am not sure with that batting lineup India will have any advantage.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I remember South Africa preparing nice turners for the Indian batsmen during the recent test series, just to be fair.

Oh wait...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The flatter the better for South Africa I would have thought. They had a tough surface last week and failed. Their record on roads is pretty good and you would rather face India on a road then a square turner where their plethora of spin options gives them a big advantage.