• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the bowling performances in this World Cup

Howe_zat

Audio File
Because we can.

Hamish Bennet 4-16 vs Kenya
Mitchell Johnson 4-19 vs. Zimbabwe
Shahid Afridi 5-16 vs. Kenya
Mitchell Johnson 4-33 vs New Zealand
Shahid Afridi 4-34 vs Sri Lanka
Shafiul Islam 4-21 vs Ireland
Tim Bresnan 5-48 vs. India
Kemar Roach 6-27 vs. Netherlands
Lasinth Malinga 6-27 vs. Kenya
Shahid Afridi 5-23 vs. Canada
Imran Tahir 4-38 vs England
Stuart Broad 4-15 vs. South Africa
Yuvraj Singh 5-31 vs Ireland

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
No, that's chronological order.

Was going to rank them myself, but I haven't seen most and I ended up putting Bresnan's and Broad's at the top. So I decided perhaps I'm not the best one to judge.
Oh, okay. I'd add Tim Southee's performance against Pakistan to your list, personally. He only took three wickets though, didn't he ? I guess that's why he misses out.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems incredibly hard. Lots of great spells in there.

EDIT : Apart from Yuvraj's.

biased indian

International Coach
My order

salman85

International Debutant
Can't really rank them all in order.

I'd say Broad's spell probably tops them all.Big match,big team,great spell.Also,the majority of all the other great spells in this tournament so far had bowlers doing well against weaker teams.Broad's spell stands out because it was a match winning one,against a team considered better than his own team.The 2nd spot goes to Afridi's spell against Srilanka,for the same reasons mentioned above.

And this comes from a Broad hater.Heck,the only time i've ever defended him before was in a synonym competition for the word 'Hooker'.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Top 5:

1. Broad vs. SA
2. Afridi vs. Canada (would have lost without him imo)
3. Bresnan vs. India
4. Islam vs. Ireland
5. Afridi vs. Sri Lanka

BeeGee

International Captain
Because we can.

Why does Bennett's 4-16 vs. Kenya not make the list?

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
also now Dilshan's 4/4 vs Zimbabwe

not bad figures for a part time bowler, but I haven't seen it yet, so I am unable to comment on this.

Of the ones I've seen I would rank Broad's highest, but maybe I'm being influenced by the impact it had on the match

Howe_zat

Audio File
also now Dilshan's 4/4 vs Zimbabwe

not bad figures for a part time bowler, but I haven't seen it yet, so I am unable to comment on this.

Of the ones I've seen I would rank Broad's highest, but maybe I'm being influenced by the impact it had on the match
Surely the impact it had on the match should be one of the best things to judge it by?

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
depends if you're looking at the bowling and how it impacted the game or if you're purely looking at the quality of the bowling.

But since it's your thread I guess we're looking at how the bowling impacted the match

so broad is my answer then