• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salman85

International Debutant
This is going to be a classic ODI game.None of those insanely high scores.An average score on the board,an average side chasing it.

Should make for a great match.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bangladesh has only bowled England out once before, and that was in their only ever victory against England.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is amusing, it should be said.

Imagine if England get rolled over by Ireland and Bangladesh in the one WC.

Would have been unthinkable until about 1996 :ph34r:

Jayzamann

International Regular
All out heh. Would like to see Bangers chase this down, Shakiiiiiiiiiiiiib finishing it with a ton.

vcs

If Bangladesh play it smart with the bat (pretty unlikely I know), they should have a real shot at this. England easily 25-30 runs short here IMO.

vcs

It's amazing how every **** these days, including tailenders and batsmen from associate countries, is so good at the reverse sweep. It's almost a risk-free shot for many of them, I find it very hard to understand how everyone is suddenly so good at it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quite terrible from England. Once again it's just all one partnership and the lower order failed. Thank crap we had Colly ahead of Yardy.

The pitch is poor, yes, (I have best heard it described as "rolled snot") but Morgan and Trott showed it really shouldn't have been hard to work the ball around for 4.5po or so.

It is worth pointing out that no chase at Chittagong has exceeded 222, but we haven't much of a record given that it mostly consists of Bangladesh being hammered.

This will be a tough chase for Bangladesh, I think - Swann will feel he can get something out of this and Shahzad's variations could be effective - but as England showed, this score is just one good partnership and a couple of cameos, nothing more.

vcs

There isn't great turn or bounce. Patient batsmen who are good at working the ball into gaps should back themselves to get runs here. It might even quicken up a bit under lights, making the ball come onto the bat a bit more. Bangladesh need to bat smartly, and in partnerships, which is not something we generally associate with them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It is worth pointing out that no chase at Chittagong has exceeded 222, but we haven't much of a record given that it mostly consists of Bangladesh being hammered.
:huh:???

Bangladesh have only really been hammered once at this ground.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's amazing how every **** these days, including tailenders and batsmen from associate countries, is so good at the reverse sweep. It's almost a risk-free shot for many of them, I find it very hard to understand how everyone is suddenly so good at it.
It's just become a less "weird" shot, more fashionable if you will, so batsmen practise it more. Opposition captains still assume it's a risk, so are happy not to have a fielder covering it, and so people will practise reverse-sweeping into the gap.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really wish India would prepare a few tracks like this when they're playing.

Really exposes the flaws in many teams who aren't the best at rotating strike on slow wickets.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
How class is Morgan. The first match he plays and he scores a half century on a turning pitch.

If Tamim gets going this should be an interesting chase. Otherwise I expect England to win comfortably.

vcs

It's just become a less "weird" shot, more fashionable if you will, so batsmen practise it more. Opposition captains still assume it's a risk, so are happy not to have a fielder covering it, and so people will practise reverse-sweeping into the gap.
Yeah. There are almost always runs for the taking if you get bat on it. And guys get it right quite regularly these days.