• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH in terms of "lows in discussion" the stuff here doesn't come within the same continent of some of the stuff you see on some other forums.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
TBH in terms of "lows in discussion" the stuff here doesn't come within the same continent of some of the stuff you see on some other forums.
I'd argue that while the overall quality in discussion is quite high, the lows are pretty damn low.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, you ain't seen nothing from what I've read. Although I haven't read the Aus-India 07/08 thread yet.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni_Fan, your posting in this thread has been inappropriate, especially your response to Daemon, and you will be infracted.

To everyone else, please don't stir up the situation or resort to personal insults yourself. We don't want to have to close the thread.
In addition to this, GF, your initial post to Tendulkar 200* here was unncessarily abusive and was responsible for taking the thread in the direction it ended up in, and you will be infracted for it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Scrap the 'yet' from your sentence and you've got the right approach IMO

Read the Ashes 2005 thread if you haven't already

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In addition to this, GF, your initial post to Tendulkar 200* here was unncessarily abusive and was responsible for taking the thread in the direction it ended up in, and you will be infracted for it.
When I committed the exact same offence to Cevno I only got a warning FTR

Spark

Global Moderator
Scrap the 'yet' from your sentence and you've got the right approach IMO

Read the Ashes 2005 thread if you haven't already
Yeah I've been deliberately avoiding that one. I've actually read quite a lot of the archived Ashes/WC forums and a fair few old tour threads. A lot of the time for nostalgic purposes, I must admit.

Haven't read 05 though

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bull****.

edit: can you get 2 seperate infractions for the same post? Cause if so, then I'm calling bull**** on that as well.

cnerd123

likes this
I now know 10 people, 2 of them close mates, who don't post on Cricket Web any more because of the immensity of the lows in discussion. It sucks, and I do wonder how many potential Cricket Web members are turned away because of it. :(
To be fair, even the worst posting here is of a higher standard than some of the garbage you get on PC. It's one of the reasons I moved here.

Would be horrible to hear that all the good members are leaving CW just as I've arrived. Where else am I supposed to talk about cricket with knowledgeable people who have far more viewing experience/insightful views than I do?

BeeGee

International Captain
To be fair, even the worst posting here is of a higher standard than some of the garbage you get on PC. It's one of the reasons I moved here.

Would be horrible to hear that all the good members are leaving CW just as I've arrived. Where else am I supposed to talk about cricket with knowledgeable people who have far more viewing experience/insightful views than I do?
I agree, mate. I spent a year looking for a decent cricket forum that wasn't solely populated by immature fanboys who knew little about the game and who just wanted to talk about how great their favorite team/player was. This forum is, by a wide margin, the best that I found. I'll be sticking around. :)

Howe_zat

Audio File
I agree, mate. I spent a year looking for a decent cricket forum that wasn't solely populated by immature fanboys who knew little about the game and who just wanted to talk about how great their favorite team/player was. This forum is, by a wide margin, the best that I found. I'll be sticking around. :)
[my sig]

smash84

The Tiger King
One of my favourite bits of CW is when you aren't here tbh, ***
:laugh:

awta

well said. I agree

Blaze 18

Banned
:thumbsup:

Spark

Global Moderator
BBC - Adam Mountford: Chittagong chaos and CMJ airlines

Suddenly, the skills I learnt on that course are needed as we all desperately try to stick together and find some safe ground, but this is harder said than done as we become further engulfed - and like being in a rolling maul during a rugby match we seem to lose control of our movements.
In the melee, various attempts are made to take items from us, with another mobile phone being stolen. But even worse, the two female members of our group are subjected to some very inappropriate behaviour by some members of the crowd.
As we desperately try to find safety, a group of armed officers begin a charge and hit random members of the crowd with sticks. It is one thing to see this from a distance as we had at the Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore a couple of weeks ago, but it is quite another to see it close-up.
The situation becomes frankly terrifying as we are forced to hold our bags in front of us for protection and scream out so we do not get hit. As the crowd disperses we manage to find a relatively safe place in the middle of the road and beg some army officers to stay with us. To be fair, they are extremely helpful and even manage to call our driver to explain exactly how to come and rescue us.

Hmm...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because they are so blatantly offensive to other posters, to the point where perfectly reasonable posters like Daemon and Jono, both of whom are diehard Indian fans, are putting you on ignore lists. Saying stuff like "Swann to start saying how close they are to taking the spoils is frankly pathethic and laughable", in such a condescending and inflammatory manner, especially when England are on the verge of the quarters and hence three wins from the WC - incidentally exactly the same number of wins India need to achieve - especially when your team has not exactly performed to a brilliant standard either (whether they're "peaking" or not, the fact remains) is rank posting and will only create bad blood between the English and Indian posters here.

As for Tendulkar200, anyone who says that SL, Pakistan and Aus are "weak teams" in this WC is frankly a cricketing nonentity in terms of basic knowledge of the game.
<3

And guys I think we should stop arguing, read through the thread again, it sounds like a ****ing kiddie playground in here. DF can post whatever he wants, regardless of how high it scores on the ******** index. He's right in that regard. We should grow up, it's up to us whether we're offended by it or not.

Rifat

Cricket Spectator
One of the most epic matches of the world cup so far, but i feel BD should have won it more easy. At one stage BD were 150-3 before that run out happened. I think there were two run outs in the BD innings.
Anyway great fightback in the end after that horrible West Indies game.