View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bangladesh

6 42.86%
  • England

8 57.14%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: *Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    I now know 10 people, 2 of them close mates, who don't post on Cricket Web any more because of the immensity of the lows in discussion. It sucks, and I do wonder how many potential Cricket Web members are turned away because of it.
    To be fair, even the worst posting here is of a higher standard than some of the garbage you get on PC. It's one of the reasons I moved here.

Would be horrible to hear that all the good members are leaving CW just as I've arrived. Where else am I supposed to talk about cricket with knowledgeable people who have far more viewing experience/insightful views than I do?

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    To be fair, even the worst posting here is of a higher standard than some of the garbage you get on PC. It's one of the reasons I moved here.

Would be horrible to hear that all the good members are leaving CW just as I've arrived. Where else am I supposed to talk about cricket with knowledgeable people who have far more viewing experience/insightful views than I do?
    I agree, mate. I spent a year looking for a decent cricket forum that wasn't solely populated by immature fanboys who knew little about the game and who just wanted to talk about how great their favorite team/player was. This forum is, by a wide margin, the best that I found. I'll be sticking around.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Awta.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    I agree, mate. I spent a year looking for a decent cricket forum that wasn't solely populated by immature fanboys who knew little about the game and who just wanted to talk about how great their favorite team/player was. This forum is, by a wide margin, the best that I found. I'll be sticking around.
    [my sig]
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    One of my favourite bits of CW is when you aren't here tbh, ***

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    TBH in terms of "lows in discussion" the stuff here doesn't come within the same continent of some of the stuff you see on some other forums.
    awta

well said. I agree
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Banned

BBC - Adam Mountford: Chittagong chaos and CMJ airlines

Suddenly, the skills I learnt on that course are needed as we all desperately try to stick together and find some safe ground, but this is harder said than done as we become further engulfed - and like being in a rolling maul during a rugby match we seem to lose control of our movements.
    In the melee, various attempts are made to take items from us, with another mobile phone being stolen. But even worse, the two female members of our group are subjected to some very inappropriate behaviour by some members of the crowd.
    As we desperately try to find safety, a group of armed officers begin a charge and hit random members of the crowd with sticks. It is one thing to see this from a distance as we had at the Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore a couple of weeks ago, but it is quite another to see it close-up.
    The situation becomes frankly terrifying as we are forced to hold our bags in front of us for protection and scream out so we do not get hit. As the crowd disperses we manage to find a relatively safe place in the middle of the road and beg some army officers to stay with us. To be fair, they are extremely helpful and even manage to call our driver to explain exactly how to come and rescue us.

Hmm...
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Because they are so blatantly offensive to other posters, to the point where perfectly reasonable posters like Daemon and Jono, both of whom are diehard Indian fans, are putting you on ignore lists. Saying stuff like "Swann to start saying how close they are to taking the spoils is frankly pathethic and laughable", in such a condescending and inflammatory manner, especially when England are on the verge of the quarters and hence three wins from the WC - incidentally exactly the same number of wins India need to achieve - especially when your team has not exactly performed to a brilliant standard either (whether they're "peaking" or not, the fact remains) is rank posting and will only create bad blood between the English and Indian posters here.

As for Tendulkar200, anyone who says that SL, Pakistan and Aus are "weak teams" in this WC is frankly a cricketing nonentity in terms of basic knowledge of the game.
    <3

And guys I think we should stop arguing, read through the thread again, it sounds like a ****ing kiddie playground in here. DF can post whatever he wants, regardless of how high it scores on the ******** index. He's right in that regard. We should grow up, it's up to us whether we're offended by it or not.

One of the most epic matches of the world cup so far, but i feel BD should have won it more easy. At one stage BD were 150-3 before that run out happened. I think there were two run outs in the BD innings.
    Anyway great fightback in the end after that horrible West Indies game.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread Information