• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate when people quote Dhoni Fan. Ignore is a beautiful thing people. Learn to click the button instead of biting every time.
We have not peaked yet but we have not been beaten by 2 minnows! Any other Test playing team in the world would realise that shows how far off the pace they are in the game! but England seem to have a different approach, and while the attitude is admirable if not misplaced it is also totally unrealistic.

I have total respect for my fellow Indian fans but I am myself, and I don’t have to follow anyone, in any case we have some other superb Indian posters here such as Turbinator and Tendulkar200.
Just for you Jono 8-)

And thanks, I never knew the ignore button existed, will be put to use rightaway :laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
Turbinator to be deeply disappointed.

Seriously though, if you keep up this arrogant, slanted line of posting you won't last very long here. It'd have been bad for an Aussie to do so five years ago, the same now.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Turbinator to be deeply disappointed.

Seriously though, if you keep up this arrogant, slanted line of posting you won't last very long here. It'd have been bad for an Aussie to do so five years ago, the same now.
Firstly I don't believe that calling it as I see it makes me arrogant, we all have our views and I am simply stating that I dont see what the problem is with that.

I very much doubt one can get banned for having views or opinions on this great game mate, how are my views worth less than anyone else's here?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Firstly I don't believe that calling it as I see it makes me arrogant, we all have our views and I am simply stating that I dont see what the problem is with that.

I very much doubt one can get banned for having views or opinions on this great game mate, how are my views worth less than anyone else's here?
lol

Spark

Global Moderator
Because they are so blatantly offensive to other posters, to the point where perfectly reasonable posters like Daemon and Jono, both of whom are diehard Indian fans, are putting you on ignore lists. Saying stuff like "Swann to start saying how close they are to taking the spoils is frankly pathethic and laughable", in such a condescending and inflammatory manner, especially when England are on the verge of the quarters and hence three wins from the WC - incidentally exactly the same number of wins India need to achieve - especially when your team has not exactly performed to a brilliant standard either (whether they're "peaking" or not, the fact remains) is rank posting and will only create bad blood between the English and Indian posters here.

As for Tendulkar200, anyone who says that SL, Pakistan and Aus are "weak teams" in this WC is frankly a cricketing nonentity in terms of basic knowledge of the game.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Because they are so blatantly offensive to other posters, to the point where perfectly reasonable posters like Daemon and Jono, both of whom are diehard Indian fans, are putting you on ignore lists. Saying stuff like "Swann to start saying how close they are to taking the spoils is frankly pathethic and laughable", in such a condescending and inflammatory manner, especially when England are on the verge of the quarters and hence three wins from the WC - incidentally exactly the same number of wins India need to achieve - especially when your team has not exactly performed to a brilliant standard either (whether they're "peaking" or not, the fact remains) is rank posting and will only create bad blood between the English and Indian posters here.

As for Tendulkar200, anyone who says that SL, Pakistan and Aus are "weak teams" in this WC is frankly a cricketing nonentity in terms of basic knowledge of the game.
Think you are missing the point though, technically England are 4 wins away from the CUP, but surely after losing to Bangladesh and Ireland there would be some sense of realism.

It is like Canada before that match against NZ technically they would have been 5 wins away from winning the world cup, what is mathematically possible isn’t what is realistic, am not saying that England are as bad as Canada, but just saying that I cant understand where the attitude is coming from with such a lack of realism.

It is baffling to be honest.

I don’t really know Jono or Daemon so that would be their personal choice India has 1 billion people so while I respect everyone it is only natural that not everyone will always see eye to eye!

Just because you don’t agree with Tendulkar 200 does not make him a nonentity, and I did not see any post with him calling those teams weak, I actually saw a post when he said India and Australia are favourites followed by Sri Lanka,.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's nothing to do with not seeing eye to eye. It's about not being almost nauseatingly offensive, and embarrassing to other posters of the nationality.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
It's nothing to do with not seeing eye to eye. It's about not being almost nauseatingly offensive, and embarrassing to other posters of the nationality.
Oh come off, it my posts were in no way abusive or targeting anyone in any way! I gave my opinion what I said is what I felt and what I believe, if it offended anyone then that is unfortunate but I don’t see why I must stop having a view point just to pacify others or keep others happy!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh come off, it my posts were in no way abusive or targeting anyone in any way! I gave my opinion what I said is what I felt and what I believe, if it offended anyone then that is unfortunate but I don’t see why I must stop having a view point just to pacify others or keep others happy!
It's not your opinion that's wrong, it's the fact that you're so insufferably a******t and patronising when you post you opinions.

Have starred out the offensive word lest I get infracted for it, btw.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not your opinion that's wrong, it's the fact that you're so insufferably a******t and patronising when you post you opinions.

More or less. The opinions aren't streets apart from Turbinator's but he presents it in a much more reasonable, constructive way.

That and he has The Great Muss as his avatar, obvs :ph34r:

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I now know 10 people, 2 of them close mates, who don't post on Cricket Web any more because of the immensity of the lows in discussion. It sucks, and I do wonder how many potential Cricket Web members are turned away because of it. :(

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni_Fan, your posting in this thread has been inappropriate, especially your response to Daemon, and you will be infracted.

To everyone else, please don't stir up the situation or resort to personal insults yourself. We don't want to have to close the thread.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Didn't you get the memo mate, you can't have opinions on characteristics represented in POSTS as apparently that plays the POSTER not the POST (even when directly commenting on a POST made by said POSTER).

Would be staggered if the forum police don't pull you up for your post tbh