• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bob Willis's XI

Strauss
Trott
Bell
Bopara
Morgan
Prior
Yardy
Bresnan
Swann
Shazhad
Anderson

Inclined to agree if the pitch is taking spin given there's no Pietersen, although Colly can do a job with the ball whatever the pitch is doing so I'd probably stick him in for Yardy and bump him ahead of Prior

Woodster

International Captain
Bob Willis's XI

Strauss
Trott
Bell
Bopara
Morgan
Prior
Yardy
Bresnan
Swann
Shazhad
Anderson

Inclined to agree if the pitch is taking spin given there's no Pietersen, although Colly can do a job with the ball whatever the pitch is doing so I'd probably stick him in for Yardy and bump him ahead of Prior
Yes wouldn't disagree with that side, although I agree with you mate, would prefer Colly ahead of Yardy regardless of what the pitch is anticipated to do, and then above Prior in the batting order.

As for the opening vacancy going to Trott, I don't think it'll disrupt him too much, I hoped he would get that spot from the start of the tournament but the KP option was chosen. I wouldn't be too concerned should they opt for Bell either at this stage with Trott looking at home at three.

I like Bopara at four, chance to build an innings and get set before an onslaught towards the end, ideally.

I suppose Shahzad would be the obvious one to replace Broad, though I am a fan of Tremlett and wonder how the Bangladeshis would deal with the extra bounce he would offer.

cnerd123

likes this
I had a dream that BD score 158 a/o and Eng chased it down, scoring 160/2, basically breezing through victory.

I also dream Ireland beat England the night before it actually happened.

So yea. Not optimistic here at all.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see any problems for England here. Bangladesh have been a complete joke so far and unlike Ireland, they don't even have a county standard batting line-up, merely two players of quality, the rest are complete nonentities. Only way I could see Bangladesh getting home is for those aforementioned two players to fire and their spinners then to choke England but if England bat first, then that should be game.

Feel free to dig this up when Bangladesh win. :laugh:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We won't do it easily that is for sure, we never do. Fancy the win to virtually secure a quarter final place, depends on paddy's losing i guess but i want them to win.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Disaster strikes: They've gone back to Prior opening. The good news is that Colly is in for Yardy, so at least our batting has a semblance of depth to it. Shahzad plays ahead of Tremlett.

Bangladesh have dropped Ashraful, but have brought in Mahmadullah ahead of Shuvo.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Disaster strikes: They've gone back to Prior opening. The good news is that Colly is in for Yardy, so at least our batting has a semblance of depth to it. Shahzad plays ahead of Tremlett.
Jesus wept. I knew it was coming, but it's still such a twattish call.