• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 27 - Ireland v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ireland v West Indies
Fri Mar 11

Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh
04:00 GMT | 09:30 local | 15:00 EST | 14:30 CST | 12:00 WST

Ireland Squad

William Porterfield (captain), Andre Botha, Alex Cusack, George Dockrell, Trent Johnston, Nigel Jones, Ed Joyce, John Mooney, Kevin O'Brien, Niall O'Brien (wicketkeeper), Boyd Rankin, Paul Stirling, Albert van der Merwe, Andrew White, Gary Wilson (wicketkeeper)

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Really looking forward to this game and the England/ Bangladesh game. Will go a long way to deciding the outcome of this group.

Want the underdogs to win of course, though have a feeling that neither of them will.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
So what's this pitch like?

Massive burden on the shoulders of Roach. He'll be the key in the bowling attack as usual. I think Sammy will be largely useless again

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
West Indies to win this one comfortably. They have a point to prove they went some way to doing it against Bangladesh but I don't think they will take their foot off the gas here plus they have a lot of respect for the Irish coach Phil Simmons.

biased indian

International Coach
West Indies to win this one comfortably. They have a point to prove they went some way to doing it against Bangladesh but I don't think they will take their foot off the gas here plus they have a lot of respect for the Irish coach Phil Simmons.
if so they will lose it for him :)

shivfan

Banned
So what's this pitch like?

Massive burden on the shoulders of Roach. He'll be the key in the bowling attack as usual. I think Sammy will be largely useless again
I agree that Sammy is generally useless, but in the match against Bangladesh, he did take four wickets....
:)
And I don't think Benn should be counted out.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Only way we'll win this is if D_F reroutes the W.I team bus. Imagine if we'd have beaten Bangladesh now :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would be great for the tournament if the Micks get up. Can't quite see it, especially if Johnston is broken, but hope springs eternal.

Joyce due a score, tbf.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I agree that Sammy is generally useless, but in the match against Bangladesh, he did take four wickets....
:)
And I don't think Benn should be counted out.
Wasn't it three? But yeah, I should have corrected my statement in that I don't think he'll flourish like he did against the hapless Bangladeshi batsmen.

Yeah Benn was getting some really nice dip in the previous game actually.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No Gayle is huge. Ireland really do have a chance. The longer Smith is at the crease the better also.