• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 27 - Ireland v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ireland really needed this one. Feel Pollard has taken it away from them unfortunately. :( Well played KP though!

shivfan

Banned
"Isn't Nikita a girl's name?"

Such a ****.
Whoever said that obviously only watches TV and doesn't read history....
8-)
Betraying their ignorance, eh?

Ever heard of Krushchev, guys? Miller's father came from a generation of Jamaicans that produced quite a few leftists....

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
It is true, although maybe in the WI Nikita's a guy name. No idea.

Edit: From wiki -
Clearly the most famous Nikita was a guy, though.

Was that Gavaskar who said it? I'm going to pretend it was so it is another reason I can add to the long list of reasons I think he's a ****ing ****.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It is true, although maybe in the WI Nikita's a guy name. No idea.

Edit: From wiki -
Wikipedia said:
Nikita is a unisex name, historically masculine from Russian and related languages. Another variant Nikhita is an Indian female name meaning "sharp" or "the earth".
So it's understandable why Gavaskar or any other Indian would think so.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was that Gavaskar who said it? I'm going to pretend it was so it is another reason I can add to the long list of reasons I think he's a ****ing ****.
It was, so no need to pretend.

On the "comms being c-words" bike, did anyone hear Nicholas pronounce "epitome" as "epy-tome"? It's "ee-pit-o-me", numb nuts. If you're going to use these tuppence ha'penny words you should at least know how to say them or you risk looking a bit of a try-hard pseud...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Carn windies. Suprised russell wouldn't open the bowling with roach tbh but benn has picked up a wicket anyway

shivfan

Banned
Why does Mark Nicholas say this is Andre Russell's first bowl in a West Indies shirt?
8-)
It's his first bowl in the World Cup, but he's played for the Windies before....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Ireland win this (I know it's a long way from now), they'll likely finish with 6 points (they should beat Netherlands). In that case, it'll come down to NRR, and WI should go through since I'd back them to win at least one of their next two (their demolition of BAN really helped).....

That'd be a heartbreaking way for them to not make the next round.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You'd back them to win one of the next two? That's a big call. Those are tough matches against England and India. They could win two, could win one or could win none.

WI need to win this imo. If they put themselves in a must-win situation they're in a **** load of trouble based don their recent history.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If Ireland win this (I know it's a long way from now), they'll likely finish with 6 points (they should beat Netherlands). In that case, it'll come down to NRR, and WI should go through since I'd back them to win at least one of their next two (their demolition of BAN really helped).....

That'd be a heartbreaking way for them to not make the next round.
You'd back them to win one of the next two? That's a big call. Those are tough matches. They could win two, could win one or could win none.

WI need to win this imo
Yea it becomes must-win for them and India might have packed it in by then and may even rest players depending on who they want in the matchup...it might be up to them since Ind vs. WI is the absolute last match in the group stages. They'll know which matchup they prefer and they'll be in control of that.

And Eng, if they win today, pretty much go through as well as they'd have 7, so they may not care as much either for their game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And WI have a chance of winning even if both teams do care and come prepared...so on the whole, I'd back them to win at least one.