• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 27 - Ireland v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Still have our glorious shock victory over South Africa to come before that though, right?

...right?
Heh.

It seems we get beaten by one bloke. Waterboy last weekend, Pollard today. I'm not sure what happened against Bangladesh.. I was too busy sunning myself in Zanzibar.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's infuriating. But at least no one can argue that we've made the tournament less fun this time. It's upsetting that I've always felt as if we're playing to justify our presence at this World Cup, it doesn't look like we're getting invited back.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
I tend to think the Dutch feel the same and will want to beat us to show they're just as worthy of being there too. If you replace Kenya with Afghanistan and played at least 2 games a day, it could've been a pretty sweet tournament.

Flem274*

123/5
Ireland rules.

Seriously, get yourselves a good quickie to complement a gun young spinner in Dockrell and you're away laughing. You've been pulling big teams pants down without your best ODI batsman because another team cbf getting their own finisher.:ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Seems as though Pollard did today what he's been attempting to do for years and been the difference between the two sides.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Baby steps from Pollard. Gone from doing nothing at all for the Windies to now being a minnow basher. May just perform against a non-associate/minnow yet in this WC. Sammy's had two great games, still can't contribute with the bat which is a worry given how awful the Windies tail is and where it starts but his at least giving support to Roach.

Pretty disappointing from Ireland however, had opportunities here and just didn't take them. They will look back on this WC and think they should have made the QFs.
I think WI are coming to the boil quite nicely in this WC.

Well played Ireland, by far the best of the associates in this WC, and have made more of their potential than most of the full nations also.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
While I'm pleased with a Windies win, I can't help but feel for the Irish considering they probably won't be playing in the next WC.

Had to follow the match on cricinfo but I'll watch the replay tonight or tomorrow and come back with some thoughts on the windies - How irrelevant or not they are!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ireland rules.

Seriously, get yourselves a good quickie to complement a gun young spinner in Dockrell and you're away laughing. You've been pulling big teams pants down without your best ODI batsman because another team cbf getting their own finisher.:ph34r:
Haha

Blaze 18

Banned
Wow, Ireland have really been the stand out associate side. I think they should have taken the batting powerplay when Joyce and Wilson were batting well. Anyway, their performances at this World Cup have been very impressive. If only they had kept their head against Bangladesh, they'd have been in with a realistic chance of making the quarters.

EDIT : Ashoka De Silva needs to take up some other profession.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
I don't get why people are against England or any other nation poaching players from other countries. Being a member of an associate nation you would never get a chance to play Test cricket. If shifting to another country helps you achieve that goal, then why not? I understand that associate nations need to be competitive but in a fair world no player should be deprived of a chance to exhibit his talents just because he was born in the wrong country. I believe England's poaching policy helps achieve that aim to a certain extent.