• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarterfinal Scenarios

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Group A
Australia......11pts
Sri Lanka.......9pts
New Zealand..8pts
Pakistan........8pts

Group B
India............11pts
England.........9pts
South Africa...8pts
West Indies....6pts

Quarter Finals
Australia vs West Indies
Sri Lanka vs South Africa
New Zealand vs England
Pakistan vs India

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Australia vs West Indies
Sri Lanka vs South Africa
Pakistan vs England
India vs New Zealand

...might be like this...or not...

Flem274*

123/5
Really want India and Sri Lanka gone tbh. They're the real stand outs in NZ killing terms. Australia we can take if on form, England and West Indies aren't at their greatest, and South Africa have a certain word hanging over them.

Would almost prefer to face SA over WI. Both sides will need a lot of back pounding though.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Bangladesh will win this one. A lot of Group B's fate now depends on the Engaland-West Indies match now. The loser in that match might make way for Bangladesh. Tommorrow's match between India-South Africa will decide the group topper.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Nop, England will still make it to the QF. They already have 5 Points, BD if they win this will still have 4 and this match is not over yet.

BeeGee

International Captain
Group A
1) New Zealand
2) Pakistan
3) Australia
4) Sri Lanka

Group B
1) India
2) West Indies
3) South Africa
4) Bangladesh

New Zealand vs Bangladesh
Pakistan vs South Africa
West Indies vs Australia
India vs Sri Lanka

A little biased, perhaps, but not outside the realms of possibility. :happy:

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Well considering Australia have Kenya and Canada to play I doubt they'd come third in the group...

Though actually, looking at the points table and fixtures, if Australia win those two and lose to Pakistan, and Pakistan and NZ win their last two matches, then we will get something similar to that.

Would we want to play Bangladesh at home though...

BeeGee

International Captain
Well considering Australia have Kenya and Canada to play I doubt they'd come third in the group...

Though actually, looking at the points table and fixtures, if Australia win those two and lose to Pakistan, and Pakistan and NZ win their last two matches, then we will get something similar to that.

Would we want to play Bangladesh at home though...
Not similar, we will get exactly that. I worked out every possible scenario for both Groups before I compiled my list, so it's not just some random guess :)

Here's that specific Group A scenario:

Group A
30th Match, Group A - Canada v New Zealand - NZ win
31st Match, Group A - Australia v Kenya - Aus win
33rd Match, Group A - Pakistan v Zimbabwe - Pak win
35th Match, Group A - Australia v Canada - Aus win
38th Match, Group A - New Zealand v Sri Lanka - NZ win
40th Match, Group A - Australia v Pakistan - Pak win
41st Match, Group A - Kenya v Zimbabwe - Zim win

That will leave NZ and Pak equal at the top of Group A with 10 pts each. NZ will be above Pak due to their much better NRR, like so:

Group A
New Zealand 10
Pakistan 10
Australia 9
Sri Lanka 7
Zimbabwe 4
Canada 2
Kenya 0

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
NZ won't win against Srilanka.The lanks are a superior batting and bowling side than NZ,and sure NZ did manage to pull off a great win against Pakistan,i can't see them putting one over Srilanka.

Last edited:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Don't want to face a rampant Aussies or Srilanka in Srilanka in the quarters as an Indian fan. That said, if you have to be the best you gotto beat the best.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Nop, England will still make it to the QF. They already have 5 Points, BD if they win this will still have 4 and this match is not over yet.
England must beat the West Indies in their last match or they remain at 5 pts

Bangla Desh has to win one match against either South Africa or Netherlands to overtake England to go up to 6 pts

If England beat WI, then Bangla needs to win both their last 2 matches

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
NZ won't win against Srilanka.The lanks are a superior batting and bowling side than NZ,and sure NZ did manage to pull off a great win against Pakistan,i can't see them putting one over Srilanka.
See, that's pretty much been the case every single game NZ has ever played (against anyone in the top 6 anyway). It's all down to whether we get that one standout performance, such as Taylor's knock, that lifts us above our usual mediocre standard.

smash84

The Tiger King
Why?

Personally I think it's 50/50.
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka. NZ beat Pakistan. Who knows? The team that wants it most on the day will probably win.
yeah but NZ had a HUGE advantage playing against Pakistan which they won't have playing against NZ.....their main architect of the win against Pakistan i.e. Khatmal won't be there to drop catches........

P.S. Plessis did a Khatmal today by letting go of a Sehwag chance