• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imran Tahir fractured his thumb...

Howe_zat

Audio File
This certainly is a blow but he hasn't been ruled out of the tournament. If they do change him they ought to play Tsotsobe over Botha, who spinner or not is simply the much better bowler.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I think Tsotsobe will get a chance against India and do very well.

Unfortunate for Tahir, he had a chance for the MoTS as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, "injured" his thumb. Will probably only miss the one match... against India. Coincidence I'm sureeeeeeee.

I'm kidding ftr. Hope his finger gets better. Has brought a lot to the South African team, and is awesome to watch.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, I hastily jumped to the conclusion that he'd been ruled out of the tournament. Hope he gets better soon, then.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hope he bowls to Sachin. Been a while since I saw him play the lofted on drive over long on for six off leg spinners.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yes, "injured" his thumb. Will probably only miss the one match... against India. Coincidence I'm sureeeeeeee.

I'm kidding ftr...
I'm not calling shenanigans - after all, if they wanted to change him for that game they could do it under pretense of "rotation" or some such, not injury - but it may work out well for them in the end to keep him away from India. They were certainly reluctant to play him in the recent ODI series even though they picked him in the squad.

smash84

The Tiger King
While Imran Tahir may not be loving the prospect of bowling against India I am not too sure whether he will be quaking in his boots. Imran has bowled in the Pak domestic circuit which gives him an edge over some of the other spinners. He has bowled to some good players of spin over the years.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not the read the linked article but its not the non-bowling hand, so I really can't see no matter how bad the break is that he will be ruled out of the WC. Would probably go for 4 quicks against India anyhow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Apparently they reckon he'll play against India and then get his 10 days rest missing the games vs. Bangladesh and Ireland.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Bring it on Immy, you'll wish you were rested :cool:

PS. Tahir to get Sachin at 99, and India goes on to win the game. You heard it here first!

Last edited: