• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Terror threat to World Cup in India

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Of course harassment by the police would be the only threat to the general public.

They wont let you bring food, water, pens , cameras etc.
Indeed, as it is watching a match in the subcontinent is a very painful experience. Just during this world cup, here are few images of Indian fans being treated :-

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
People want to buy some tickets , BCCI has given out passes to 1 Million VIPs leaving a handful of tickets for remaining Indian fans.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Indeed, as it is watching a match in the subcontinent is a very painful experience. Just during this world cup, here are few images of Indian fans being treated :-

That's ****ing awful.

Truly angers me.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
There was also an article which said that Shiv Sena will decide whether to let Pak play in Mumbai if they get to the final.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly much ado about nothing. Just sensationalism. I would not be concerned at all
Indeed. Large parts of eastern India are currently controlled by Maoists and in Assam, inquisitions take place yet you only ever hear about Al-CIAda.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I hope that we're discussing this issue come Final time, as that would mean Pakistan are playing in it! :cool:

salman85

International Debutant
There was also an article which said that Shiv Sena will decide whether to let Pak play in Mumbai if they get to the final.
Yes.That one came out a few weeks ago when the World Cup had only just started or was about to start.Pity really.This isn't the first time they've threatned to do something like this,it happens pretty much every time we play on Indian soil in a high stake match.Hard time keeping politics out of cricket like so many other people/groups on either side of the border.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes.That one came out a few weeks ago when the World Cup had only just started or was about to start.Pity really.This isn't the first time they've threatned to do something like this,it happens pretty much every time we play on Indian soil in a high stake match.
They do it in order to get free passes and free Biryani. Trust me no one enjoys India-Pak cricket than these fake patriots .Here is the Family get together with Javed Miandad.

YouTube - Bal Thackeray with Javed miandad

Just like us Indian fans, these people are also desperate to shake hands with a decent fast bowler. One call from Pakistan Coach and these people will roll the red carpet.

salman85

International Debutant
They do it in order to get free passes and free Biryani. Trust me no one enjoys India-Pak cricket than these fake patriots .Here is the Family get together with Javed Miandad.

YouTube - Bal Thackeray with Javed miandad

Just like us Indian fans, these people are also desperate to shake hands with a decent fast bowler. One call from Pakistan Coach and these people will roll the red carpet.
:-O

I've never seen the Javed Picture before.It looks like an old one,possibly when he was still playing since he looks young here.

Sad really.I'm sure most Indian-Pakistani players get along just fine,same language,same cultures,anyway.For example,i think Imran and Gavaskar are very good friends,and i once heard a Sidhu interview where he spoke of how he was friends with Aqib Javed and Wasim Akram (They used to exchange audio casettes :ph34r: ), Shoaib gets along well with Ganguly and even Harbhajan from what i hear etc.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Jesus. That's ****ed

Last edited: