• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 26 - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
Zimbabwe have a game in hand over Sri Lanka, and it's against Kenya, so if Sri Lanka lose there's a very good chance of them exiting early. I don't see it happening though. Zimbabwe will be sending down Price and Utseya as their main weapon and the Sri Lankans notably play spin very well.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
As Salman would say, Sri Lanka to rip Zimbabwe a new hole. Predict an absolute mauling for Zimbabwe.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Expecting SL to be pushed very close here, see this as a potential upset, but not sure Zimbabwe will hold their nerve!

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Of course I am looking forward to see the Mahela pic (the raised eyebrow) as he comes out to bat.
Prediction: Commentators to utter at least 5 cricket related cliches.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka to win and to win good. They lost to Zim last year but I can't think of another time they didn't beat a minnow and not beat them to a pulp whilst doing it.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They will be under a bit of pressure to win this one so it will be interesting to see how they react to that. One or two early wickets for the Zimbabwe spinners would make it hard for the SL batsmen to take too many liberties in the power-play overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know what I'd do with Zimbabwe's eleven. Coventry really shouldn't be opening but Taylor aside neither should anyone else. Guess I'd just go with...

Taylor
Coventry
Taibu
Ervine
Williams
Chigumbura
Lamb
Utseya (I'd actually shunt him up the order if Zimbabwe were 4 down early)
Cremer
Price
Mpofu

Even though the balance isn't perfect at all, those are the only eleven in the squad I think should be in the squad at all, so I'm just gonna keep naming that lineup over and over I guess. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what I'd do with Zimbabwe's eleven. Coventry really shouldn't be opening but Taylor aside neither should anyone else. Guess I'd just go with...

Taylor
Coventry
Taibu
Ervine
Williams
Chigumbura
Lamb
Utseya (I'd actually shunt him up the order if Zimbabwe were 4 down early)
Cremer
Price
Mpofu

Even though the balance isn't perfect at all, those are the only eleven in the squad I think should be in the squad at all, so I'm just gonna keep naming that lineup over and over I guess. :p
Been replaced by Sibanda! :laugh: **** knows what Hamilton has done. Would love to know as he scored over 1000 ODI runs in 2009.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Been replaced by Sibanda! :laugh:
Haha wasn't aware. I'd play SIbanda then and open with him. He probably won't leapfrog Duffin and Chakabva but he should IMO.

Taylor
Sibanda
Taibu
Ervine
Coventry
Chigumbura
Lamb
Utseya (I'd actually shunt him up the order if Zimbabwe were 3 down early)
Cremer
Price
Mpofu

Hamilton must have really blown up deluxe when he was dropped to get this treatment.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha wasn't aware. I'd play SIbanda then and open with him. He probably won't leapfrog Duffin and Chakabva but he should IMO.

Taylor
Sibanda
Taibu
Ervine
Coventry
Chigumbura
Lamb
Utseya (I'd actually shunt him up the order if Zimbabwe were 3 down early)
Cremer
Price
Mpofu

Hamilton must have really blown up deluxe when he was dropped to get this treatment.
Sibanda > Sehwag, after all. :p :ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I like Sibanda but he averages 8 against Sri Lanka in 11 ODIs. Highest score is 25 and he averages 7 against Sri Lanka on the subcontinent. Probably the worst ODI cricketer of all-time (statistically) who has played 50+ internationals (Sibanda is close to 100 ODIs...). If the 16 average isn't bad enough (excluding minnows + Bangladesh), its Sibanda's SR which tips it.

Should never play international cricket in coloured clothing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I like Sibanda but he averages 8 against Sri Lanka in 11 ODIs. Highest score is 25 and he averages 7 against Sri Lanka on the subcontinent. Probably the worst ODI cricketer of all-time (statistically) who has played 50+ internationals (Sibanda is close to 100 ODIs...). If the 16 average isn't bad enough (excluding minnows + Bangladesh), its Sibanda's SR which tips it.

Should never play international cricket in coloured clothing.
I still have faith. :p

A lot of those games were played when he was genuinely crap and shouldn't have been close to selection. He hasn't had much of a chance since he improved - admittedly he's an abysmal failure whenever he has played even since then, but he's got much chance of succeeding than Duffin and Chakabva at this point, who themselves are much, much better at four-day cricket than one-day cricket too.