• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 26 - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Not to mention 190 is not exactly a walk in the park... many teams have come unstuck doing stupid **** like try to get it in 19 overs.

Swannyg66:
Just turned on the cricket. 282-0. First ball I see brings a wicket. This voodoo stuff really works you know.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Disappointed with the bowling effort from Zim. Should have done better. Don't think they are capable of chasing such totals against this SL bowling line up.

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Lolz.

So you're better off losing wickets cheaply by throwing wood recklessly, than going over a run a ball and putting on close to 300 for one wicket, with overs still to bat? You are if you're India, apparently.

D_F, you have some funny ideas on cricket.
Mate, we all know Sri Lanka are heavy favourites to win this match, sure knocking it around building a partnerships is important, but I also think there is a limit! And to win a World Cup you need to deal with pressure and if you middle order have hardly had a hit out before the quarter finals well you cant deal with pressure from the dressing room.

Sure if Sachin or Viru got a ton yesterday would be nice, but the result was never in doubt against bowling like that and with a batting line up like ours, they had nothing to prove against Holland it was better to make sure our batters all got a work out under some kind ahead of far sterner challenges.

If you think you can win a World Cup without several of your players even having to deal with pressure, then hoping they magically can do so, in the knockout games then I think you are the one with some funny ideas on cricket!

0RI0N

State 12th Man
**** they didn't show Mahela's pic.
They did show his wife though. Solid 7/10, > than the wives of K Akmal and Dhoni.
Edit : 300 up in 47th over

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** they didn't show Mahela's pic.
They did show his wife though. Solid 7/10, > than the wives of K Akmal and Dhoni.
Edit : 300 up in 47th over
Haha, that pic of him is great. Bloody hilarious.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Mate, we all know Sri Lanka are heavy favourites to win this match, sure knocking it around building a partnerships is important, but I also think there is a limit! And to win a World Cup you need to deal with pressure and if you middle order have hardly had a hit out before the quarter finals well you cant deal with pressure from the dressing room.

Sure if Sachin or Viru got a ton yesterday would be nice, but the result was never in doubt against bowling like that and with a batting line up like ours, they had nothing to prove against Holland it was better to make sure our batters all got a work out under some kind ahead of far sterner challenges.

If you think you can win a World Cup without several of your players even having to deal with pressure, then hoping they magically can do so, in the knockout games then I think you are the one with some funny ideas on cricket!
To be frank, i don't really think the idea you are proposing can be manufactured. It just has to happen. You cannot expect top order batsmen to throw away wickets just to make sure middles order bats get a hit. Thats just a ridiculous idea. So when the situation comes the middle order bats have to perform. Its a long tournament and that is definitely on the cards. For that top order does not need to sacrifice a decent start.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
But they show the pic of Angelo Matthews. Hope a bear ****s in the tv director's suitcase.
Burgey I was looking forward to that pic.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, this looks like a collapse to me.

SL have to be very careful here - we've seen a few times that losing momentum late in your chase can come back to bite you nastily.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Well, this looks like a collapse to me.

SL have to be very careful here - we've seen a few times that losing momentum late in your chase can come back to bite you nastily.
Still should score 320. Dew is gonna be pretty heavy at night. But the bowling line up is too strong.

Burgey

They went at six an over FFS!! They're tuning up for India, Zaheer aside, this attack is pretty much on a par. Certainly Price > the spinners in the Indian side.

Still, plainly SL would have been better off being 155/5 (18), wouldn't they?

Sorry mate, but what you're saying cannot be allowed to go unchecked, lest someone else pick it up and run with it.

It's good to have ideas, but this idea of yours that pissing away wickets for the sake of it is dangerously poor.

Last edited:

vcs

Yeah, this would be more than enough under the lights even against a top side with SL's attack.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah indeed. It's a terrible idea because it breeds complacency, causes batsmen to needlessly lose confidence and form, and is less likely to get you a win.

Dhoni_fan, you seriously gotta pull back the jingoism. It's really very very poor form.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
It would be interesting to see if SL are playing their quarters in colombo. Would be very difficult for the opposition team. They are so good at home.

Spark

Global Moderator
If you really need time in the middle and you're confident of a win, then rest a player or mix up your batting order. Even in a park match you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever deliberately lose a wicket or bat without regard to your wicket if the match situation doesn't demand it.