• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 26 - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I like Sibanda but he averages 8 against Sri Lanka in 11 ODIs. Highest score is 25 and he averages 7 against Sri Lanka on the subcontinent. Probably the worst ODI cricketer of all-time (statistically) who has played 50+ internationals (Sibanda is close to 100 ODIs...). If the 16 average isn't bad enough (excluding minnows + Bangladesh), its Sibanda's SR which tips it.

Should never play international cricket in coloured clothing.
I still have faith. :p

A lot of those games were played when he was genuinely crap and shouldn't have been close to selection; he hasn't had much of a chance since he improved. Admittedly he's an abysmal failure whenever he has played even since then, but he's got much chance of succeeding than Duffin and Chakabva at this point IMO, who themselves are much, much better at four-day cricket than one-day cricket too.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hamilton must have really blown up deluxe when he was dropped to get this treatment.
Can see Hamilton being made captain after the WC. Was Prosper’s deputy, captained the side a few times and surely after the failures of Elton, Campbell as selector, Coventry as opener and the prospect of some tests this year, Hamilton will be back in the fold. Hopefully the 3 tests they have lined up will also get Ballance and Ervine senior interested. Otherwise, Sibanda can be Hamilton’s opening partner.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dilshan is going crazy. 4, 6, 4, 4 off the first 4 balls of the 2nd over..

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
We should make 750-800 here

/Dhoni_fan
Mate its a 50 over contest! so please be realistic! They have made a great start but there is a long way to go, I do expect them to get well past 300 on this deck though, Taylor went beserk here a few days ago lest we forget.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it's a good day to be a Zimbabwean pace bowler somehow. Dilshan's gone crazy from ball 1...

salman85

International Debutant
Srilanka have gone in with 4 fast bowlers.I don't really know what to make of it when you keep the dew factor in mind.The spinners would have obviously had trouble gripping the ball,but let's see.

Meanwhile DIlshan continues to feast.This is just epic.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm not surprised that even against Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka has opted to use a flat pitch in Kandy, whereas Pakistan had to play on the one that had grass.