• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ross Taylor

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
what a splendid innings.. although looked a bit outta touch in the beginning and was dropped twice , but then made absolute fun of the so acclaimed pakistani bowling attack

take a bow dude

Xuhaib

International Coach
blahblah is a troll.

As for the knock top stuff reckon him razzaq and Kamran will have a 3some tonite.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My faith in Taylor was growing a little thin with that long run of bad form - I was even starting to think that his place in the team shouldn't be guaranteed if he kept batting poorly for much longer.

But now he's back, and it was wonderful to watch. The awe I felt watching those shots far exceeded the joy at the fact that my team was amassing such a big score.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was frankly, in horrendous form. What a way to turn it around.

salman85

International Debutant
Just goes on to show you what a little luck does to a person's confidence.Great innings by Ross.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
"His partnership with Jacob Oram had the best strike-rate of any 50-plus stand in ODI history." - Cricinfo

Something about the batting today had to be unprecedented. So there it is. I also suspect 92 runs in last 4 overs might be the most scored in any 4 consecutive overs. Did Jayasuriya come close to that in his then fastest 100 in Singapore in 96?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor played a similarly stormy inning in IPL 2 against KKR, much to the distress of his country Brendon McCullum.

BeeGee

International Captain
He was frankly, in horrendous form. What a way to turn it around.
I just hope he has turned it around. Let's face it, if anyone other than Kamran Akmal had been behind the stumps for Pakistan, then we'd now be discussing how woeful Taylor's form has been and whether he still warranted his place in the side.

Let's hope his run of bad form was just a confidence issue and he can now put it behind him.

joels344

U19 Debutant
He was brilliant today. I would easily put Taylor's knocked up there with O'Brien's in the World Cup. Very entertaining batting from him today.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ross Taylor was just terrible until the last 4 overs of the innings.

And boy those were some last few overs. I went away to offer prayers at the end of the 45th over. I was returning back and the innings had just gotten over. My friend told me the score and I could not believe it. This has to be one of the most, if not the most, murderous final 5 over assault ever. Fantastic stuff from Taylor towards the end.

Somehow I get the feeling that he will be back to his bad form from the next match

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Regardless of being dropped by Akmal, Ross Taylor is a great batsmen and it was nice to see him strike some form.