• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injured Broad facing World Cup exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just as it was looking up for England...

...I can't see them making it very far without him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
There goes my 450 rupees. :(

In seriousness, Broad is the only part of the English ODI bowling attack I actually like, Sad to see him go.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's us ****ed then. :laugh:

Never really thought we could win but with our best players getting injured then we have no chance.

Do we call up a spinner (Rashid) to replace him, certainly need one and take a gamble that Anderson, Bresnan and Shahzad stay fit?

Howe_zat

Audio File
They can't make the decision to send Broad home lightly. With Shahzad coming in next match as cover they have to give him at least another week.

vcs

Meh, they still have their best bowler (Bresnan).

Big loss though, and unfortunate for Broad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Broad is arguably the best ODI pacer in the world. It'd be like India losing Zaheer.

vcs

Zaheer isn't great in ODIs. Bresnan has performed very well in this tournament. Broad's good, but his loss is not a terminal blow to England's campaign, for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.