• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Usually you find the counties actually get a say in who they want to sign, rather than have players forced upon them.

That said, IIRC counties did try to sign a few Indians last season and the BCCI refused them permission. Can't remember who it was, but don't think any of the quicks were in the list though.
Well of course, but I'm sure they could set up some sort of exchange (take a few pace bowlers and get a few spinners/batsmen who need more SC exposure or exposure to spin?)...and maybe sweeten the deal with some $$.

I'm not sure a county would refuse, for example, Ishant Sharma and $200,000 for coaching.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Given how he has made the enire thread about him, I propose Teja to be the world's most subtle troll.

Howe_zat

Audio File
how much more time for toss now?
Netherlands have won the toss and will bat. Good start for them.

Sunny Gavaskar terms this pitch as "National Highway No. 6". Enough said! "The ball may keep a little low in the second innings, but this is a batsman's pitch alright."
Nehra has come in for Munaf, but Chawla stays. Weird thinking there.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Given how Teja-love is conquering so many threads(The most disliked team thread turned into a love-in and this and so many other threads), at this rate the entire WC sub-forum will be taken over. So keeping the welfare of CW in mind, I propose that a new sub-forum be made for Teja-discussion.

Discuss.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
I am sorry for outing you Teja.
I will immediately dl a HQ Sreesanth wallpaper as penance.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Given how Teja-love is conquering so many threads(The most disliked team thread turned into a love-in and this and so many other threads), at this rate the entire WC sub-forum will be taken over. So keeping the welfare of CW in mind, I propose that a new sub-forum be made for Teja-discussion.

Discuss.
**** off

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
decent over from Yusuf, good to see that we are able to bowl our part timers up front, this is a good game to give our part timers some confidence with the ball.

Surprised Chawla is playing but as the Skipper said this is a good match for him to get some practise under his belt

stumpski

International Captain
Usually you find the counties actually get a say in who they want to sign, rather than have players forced upon them.

That said, IIRC counties did try to sign a few Indians last season and the BCCI refused them permission. Can't remember who it was, but don't think any of the quicks were in the list though.
Money is tight here as well - Derby and Gloucs have just announced big losses and I believe Kent are going to do without an overseas player this year. The top Indian players are used to earning big bucks now and might well price themselves out of the market.

Decent start here by the Dutch openers. I confidently predict that Zuiderent won't make double figures though. And a tad disappointing that they're not represented in the studio - they have Agarkar, Willis and Azhar Mahmood. One neutral is OK but it would have been interesting to have Roland Lefebvre or Tim de Leede, say.

Howe_zat

Audio File
India must have been having problems with the bus. They'll have to try bowling well.

Pathan sneaks in a maiden. Spinners on already.

Himannv

International Coach
My ideal game today: Dutch scoring a huge total of 350+ and India losing by 2 runs despite a hundred each from Tendulkar and Pathan. Also a 5 fer for Pathan.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
These guys look totally at sea against world class spin, I mean when Bhaji turns one into the rough, what the hell are they going to do then?